Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do we have to take a cap and do we have to book a room for the first night?

Linda Petersen

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino primitivo july 2015
Hey everyone:)
What a nice place you have here! Already been super helpfull. Me and my friend are walking the Primitivo from the 30th of june to the 21th of july. We will arrive on the AirPort late in the evening on the 30th (Will arrive in Oviedo Asturias 11 o'clock in the evening). My question is if we take a bus or a cap into oviedo that late? And if you think that we have to book a room for the first night in advance- or do you think that we can get one when we arrive to town?
Thank you so much

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
11 pm is not late in Spain, Spaniards live at night, so the bus is fine,if it's safety you are concerened about.

The bus station is 150 meters from the train station which is at the top of Oviedo's main shoping street, calle Uria. On that street there are a number of pensiones (doubt any of the albergues will let you in that late since you'll be waking pilgrims up). So yes, reserve, walking up and down the main trying to see if a pension still has someone on staff for you to check in would not be fun.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hey everyone:)
What a nice place you have here! Already been super helpfull. Me and my friend are walking the Primitivo from the 30th of june to the 21th of july. We will arrive on the AirPort late in the evening on the 30th (Will arrive in Oviedo Asturias 11 o'clock in the evening). My question is if we take a bus or a cap into oviedo that late? And if you think that we have to book a room for the first night in advance- or do you think that we can get one when we arrive to town?
Thank you so much

The bus service provider is ALSA. According to the airport site the last bus leaves the airport 2330. You might want to confirm with the ALSA site.

OVD Airport
http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Asturias/es/Inicio.html

The airport is 47km from Oviedo so you won't get there before midnight.

I would get a reservation. Further, I would look for a hotel near the airport and travel to Oviedo in the morning.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Th
11 pm is not late in Spain, Spaniards live at night, so the bus is fine,if it's safety you are concerened about.

The bus station is 150 meters from the train station which is at the top of Oviedo's main shoping street, calle Uria. On that street there are a number of pensiones (doubt any of the albergues will let you in that late since you'll be waking pilgrims up). So yes, reserve, walking up and down the main trying to see if a pension still has someone on staff for you to check in would not be fun.
ank you so much for your answer. A really big help!

Th

ank you so much for your answer. A really big help!
Somewhere on the forum there is a thread about recommended places to sleep. I have stayed at Hostal Oviedo, 20 meters from train station and Hostal Romero, almost just across the street from the Corte Ingles, perhaps 500 meters down the street. I would recommend both.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back