• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do you ever....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Armchair travelling, excellent occupation but not quite as good as being out there and walking.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Leaving one job and moving to another I was given some book tokens. I used them to buy the biggest, most detailed world atlas I could find. Even in these days of Google Maps and StreetView I can think of little that is more evocative of the excitement of travel than running my finger along a line on a paper map.

Also I've recently been putting my Camino photos a into Vistaprint photo book. It takes time but my goodness I've been reliving all those memories, every step of the way. I intend to show the finished book to my 5 small grandchildren and will probably bore them stiff with my stories!

My
Armchair travelling, excellent occupation but not quite as good as being out there and walking.
My hubby loves armchair travel because it's so easy to see videos of beautiful places and avoids the hassles of actually going... Me, I enjoy armchair travel, but mostly because it stokes the fires for my next daydream of actually GOING somewhere new!

Also I've recently been putting my Camino photos a into Vistaprint photo book. It takes time but my goodness I've been reliving all those memories, every step of the way. I intend to show the finished book to my 5 small grandchildren and will probably bore them stiff with my stories!

No way. They'll love it. Would you believe my kindergartener has been drifting onto the couch and watching some of my Camino stuff on tv with me? She is fascinated by the albergues and how people walk and walk and what they'll see. She watched a Rick Steve's pbs show on the Camino with me, and also parts of the The Way. Your grandkids will think you are the coolest ever. I'm sure of it!

I play with google maps and Garmin Base Camp all the time. I geotag photos etc. My wife recorded an interview/conversation with my grandmother that she gave to me and my siblings. It is a great keepsake of my grandma in her own voice. You may want to consider creating your own movie. It is pretty simple to create a basic movie in something like Windows Movie Maker. Just include the pictures, video, music and narrate over them. There are tons of youtube how to videos.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@linkster
I hadn't considered myself as a possible movie star but might work on that. The photo of me with a massively bruised face (post a spectacular fall in Burgos) might make me look like a Dracula victim!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No way. They'll love it. Would you believe my kindergartener has been drifting onto the couch and watching some of my Camino stuff on tv with me? She is fascinated by the albergues and how people walk and walk and what they'll see. She watched a Rick Steve's pbs show on the Camino with me, and also parts of the The Way. Your grandkids will think you are the coolest ever. I'm sure of it!

Granddaughter age 7 did once ask how far I walked on my " long walk". I tried to explain. She then told me that at Rainbows ( junior Brownies) they had walked one mile and it took them one whole hour!

Did anyone say Map?? I don´t know if you are spelling it right.. :rolleyes: It spells L-O-V-E, or at least it should. ;)

Frequently at work (civil engineer) and often at home.

The Spanish IGN ones are works of art - contour lines AND shading makes them look almost 3D.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My phone is I-Phone6 with a google map and a map apps. I wonder if I can use these apps to guide through the country side as well as cities and towns.
Anybody had any experiences?

My phone is I-Phone6 with a google map and a map apps. I wonder if I can use these apps to guide through the country side as well as cities and towns.
Anybody had any experiences?
Maps.me is better!

Anyone who might like to ponder encyclopedic detail on once secret maps will find this recent account in Wired by Grey Miller to be most intriguing. ...What a world it is/was!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Spanish IGN ones are works of art - contour lines AND shading makes them look almost 3D.

I agree with you Jeff. I have large-scale screenshots all over my desktop.
When the Peter Robbins site was still going, there were similar contour maps of Portugal available. I can't find them anywhere now as interactive maps. Do you know of any website?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Anyone who might like to ponder encyclopedic detail on once secret maps will find this recent account in Wired by Grey Miller to be most intriguing. ...What a world it is/was!
Absolutely fascinating. Those Ruskies sure knew what they were doing! And I'm most intrigued that they still don't talk about it now.

I agree with you Jeff. I have large-scale screenshots all over my desktop.
When the Peter Robbins site was still going, there were similar contour maps of Portugal available. I can't find them anywhere now as interactive maps. Do you know of any website?

I use http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ for interactive maps on my Garmin GPS but have never come across anything to match the sheer beauty of the Spanish ones.

Can't get mspath's link to open for comparison :(

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My first Camino photo book arrived today, there were so many pictures and memories to include that I ran out of space. First book got as far as Leon, now I'm working on the second. Reliving the whole journey of course.

My first Camino photo book arrived today, there were so many pictures and memories to include that I ran out of space. First book got as far as Leon, now I'm working on the second. Reliving the whole journey of course.

I think I might do a photo book too. Great idea.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.