• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do you have a Forum Badge on your pack??

grayland

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Yes
I have yet to see another Forum Badge on the Camino. I know they must be there. Also, no one has ever noticed or mentioned my badge. It may be that they know who I am and are avoiding any contact. :shock:
I wonder if anyone else has one on their kit?
It should be a great way to meet other members along the way.
Check out the link below....or click on the forum badge on the bottom right side of this page.

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/pilgrim-forum-badge.html

The price is right and you might meet a friend next time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Our forum badges are stitched to the outer bottle pockets of our packs so they can be seen easily. Also we have the red CSJ camino badge each.
We were not carrying our packs around Santiago itself which is where we might have seen other forum members easily. Perhaps this is true too of others.
It might be useful if Ivar was able to source some cheap safety pin type badges which we could use as well. Pin them on our hats maybe. Just a thought Ivar.

I have one on my pack, though I have not yet walked on the Camino with it. I also have one on the daypack that I use here at home. I'm hoping to connect with local peregrinos, but no luck so far.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
grayland: "Do you have a picture of your pack with the badge?"

Sure! Here it is!

Do I get a prize? :lol:

p3bbd.jpg

Annie Wins :!: :!:

Now the rest of us just have to get the badges sewed on so we can find one another.
You can check out Annie's picture and see what you are looking for on the Camino.

I saw one last Tuesday, on the mochila of a bearded guy walking through Puente de Villarente. I would have stopped to say Hi but I was driving.

I see lots of pilgs most days, but I do not see a lot of Forum Badges. When I do, I make sure to be friendly at them.

Reb.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have both a Forum and a US Marine Corps patch on my pack.

In all honesty, I've had more folks comment (usually positively) on the USMC patch and I've found it a great way to strike up conversations and, on occasion, a cerveza from the individual.

When you consider the large number of pilgrims on the Camino and the growing number of Forum members...it's only a matter of time before we abound.

Buen "we know you're out there" Camino

Arn

I´ve done 2 Caminos with a Forum badge stitched to the back of my pack, 2009 and 2011. I´ve never seen another pilgrim with a badge or been approached by a member :(
Sandra :arrow:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We just need to get a lot more of us using the badge...and looking for it. :idea:

If we get everyone on board, we should start seeing and recognizing each other on the way.

I have 3 badges: Forum Badge, Confraternity of St James of South Africa, and the UK CSJ "Camino de Europa" badge.

I saw "Angels & Demons," so I know the importance of symbols in society. That said, I am the Debbie Downer here. I don't see how the Forum patch would change my Camino. I approach as many fellow pilgrims as possible. If they had a patch, we might have one more opening topic besides the weather, the common language, and "where are you from," but is there something more that I am missing? The patch is a nice souvenir, but I have too many packs to keep moving it around.

See you on the trail!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It looks like the badge to have is Arn's free beer one

I just recieved my badge yesterday from Ivar. I love it! Sometimes it feels like I'm just dreaming about doing this. But all these small things like planning, buying little things for the trip and now the badge makes the whole thing seem more real. I will sow the badge on my backpack and I hope to see some of you there next June.

Therese

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have my backpack all badged up ready for my Camino in May 2012... 8) 8) :arrow: :arrow:

Attachments

• Backpack.jpg
    Backpack.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,194
I disagree about the patch not changing my Camino.

Having my forum patch changed my Camino by giving me the opportunity to connect with a forum member in a more personal way. I was sitting having a coffee when we both recognized the patch and pointed and laughed! Then, I commented on her ALTUS poncho and she sold it to me because she was leaving the next day!

If she had just been any other pilgrim, well, MAYBE we would have had conversation, but more likely, we would have smiled and waved, and that would have been it.

The common experience of having the forum patch made us wonder, "Who ARE you? Do I know you?" It was a wonderful moment of recognition and comradery! It's like running into a lost cousin... I loved it!

As I've mentioned in previous threads, having patches on your pack are great "door openers", I met several Forum members this last Camino Portuguese and have had several pilgrims ask about the Forum. So it's a chance to meet face to face, or provide additional info to current, or folks that may still have questions about their next Camino.

Met a fantastic Irish lady who's walked the world over, with one exception being the Appalachian Trail in the USA. Seeing my AT badge, she mentioned she's considered it, but never took the plunge. We walked for about two hours that first morning. We would have talked longer, but I couldn't keep up! At the next albergue I was surprised to met her again, she'd fallen and severely injured her knee...torn open and rocks imbedded. Got that cleaned out and talked a bit more about the AT.

The Marine patch continues to provide a point of departure for robust conversation and still garners me a number of cervezas, or vinotintos, as appropriate.

Arn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back