• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do you have tips for meeting people on the Camino?

My tips are to wish people you come across on the way "Buen Camino" and talk to them as you walk, Ask people in the alberque if they have found any places that do pilgrim meals and see if you can tag along.

Thanks Vince. I will practice talking a lot more to people on the way on my next Camino. Taking the first step instead of waiting for others to say something :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My daughter and I walked the SF in 2019. Many times we stayed at the same albergue as three Spanish men or we would pass them on the trail. Even though they did not speak English, we always "conversed" with them as best we could and became quite friendly. We called them "The Three Amigos". There was also a French man and his wife who we had meals with, or stayed in the same albergue, or passed on the way. We also had conversations without a common language and after a while it graduated to hugs and kisses when we met. Then there were two older French women. One was a bit crippled and she started very early in the morning as she was very slow. We kept meeting her every day for over two weeks. I often insisted on carrying her pack up some of the steeper parts as I could not bear to see her struggling uphill. She stayed at the same places as us most of the time and we had a few group meals with her. At the end of our time with her, the only thing we knew about her was that her name was Marie. During the nine days from Acebo to Santiago we kept meeting the another French lady. Again the same bi-lingual "conversations" every day during this time and the only thing we discovered about her was that her name was Monique. We stayed in Santiago for two days at the end of our Camino and on the second day in the square in front of the cathedral, over a period of two hours, the French couple and then the two French ladies arrived at the end of their Caminos. On each occasion there was much excitement, hugs and kisses, tears and of course "conversation". We still cherish the photos of the "Three Amigos" and the French pilgrims and their memory will stay with us forever.

While waiting for the world to reopen I am planning my next Camino experience, probably like most of you.

I did some of the Camino Frances in 2019. It was a life changing experience for me and I'm proud that I did it alone. I met and talked to many people on the way, but mostly I walked alone.
If I could change something for my next Camino though, then I would like to connect with more people and walk less in solitude.

How do you get to meet and talk to people when you are walking alone?
Do you have some tips for me when planning the travel? I thought about choosing albergues with evening dinner included.
Do you have some tips for connecting with people or groups on the way?

Thank you :)

I would look for small groups/individuals and ask if I could join them. No one ever refused me and, at times, we would walk together for days at a time before splitting up and walking alone for a while and then finding another person/group.

I have done the Frances 5 times and am waiting for Covid to be defeated. I'll be back.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
While waiting for the world to reopen I am planning my next Camino experience, probably like most of you.

I did some of the Camino Frances in 2019. It was a life changing experience for me and I'm proud that I did it alone. I met and talked to many people on the way, but mostly I walked alone.
If I could change something for my next Camino though, then I would like to connect with more people and walk less in solitude.

Do you have some tips for me when planning the travel? I thought about choosing albergues with evening dinner included.

Further to my last (singing) post, I've been reflecting on my Camino experience. I largely spent the first week completely alone, and I'd recommend that as it gives you the opportunity to reflect inwardly, something I never normally get the opportunity to do. You will inevitably and naturally get into step with other pilgrims, and by the approach to Portomarín our little band of pilgrims (see photo) was like the United Nations! It started connecting over a much-needed Coke one lunch, and separately a casual 'Nee-how' as I passed two pilgrims speaking Mandarin. If youngo with an open heart you will inevitably start to develop a community of like-minded souls, and for me these relationships are the highlight of the Camino for me.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587115591491.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587115591491.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 41
I found that if I an interested in people and open about myself, on the Camino they are also open and interesting.
Either by chance while walking or resting, or by asking (inviting myself) to join their dinner table or inviting them to join mine, often find a friend.
Often starts with gesture of recognition, small wave, small chat as you meet someone you have seen earlier, and builds up from that. One time two of us were washing our feet among a large number of pilgrims but we had the same backpack and that caused a quick comment, we met a few times on later days and then met over dinner, exchanged life stories.
Sometimes a small language barrier even helps overcome what would be social reticence back at home and forgives little mistakes! (especially if aussie background?). Anyway I am much more open back in Australia now, perhaps more than the usual aussie.

Hi. I've been over 3 times to complete Del Norte. Twice I went on my own and these were by far my best experiences. I met more people on these occasions but even though I walked on my own both times I ended up with a Camino family. Each evening we hung out and we were all set to meet up again in Porto last yr but along came Covid. As far as meeting people just be yourself and it will happen. Thats the only suggestion I can make. If I may add 4 of us walked the historical route from Navia to Vegadao and beyond and this was a wonderful experience as we were the only Pilgrims for 4 days. Each Camino will be different so enjoy your next and please, please just be yourself. Daniel

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have already walked a few Caminos. Alone, in pairs or as a group of 4 or 6 people.

My experience is that it is much easier to get to know other pilgrims when you are walking alone or in pairs.

Even if there are three of you, the small silver table in front of the bar is almost full with yourself and all the stuff and other pilgrims often assume that they would disturb this group if they sat down with them.
When this group speaks to each other in their mother tongue and not in English, the effect is intensified.

On my two caminos in the group, we met almost no one else.

My solo caminos were definitely the most beautiful and intense, and making contact with other pilgrims was much less "complicated".

On each occasion there was much excitement, hugs and kisses, tears and of course "conversation". We still cherish the photos of the "Three Amigos" and the French pilgrims and their memory will stay with us forever.
That's beautiful experiences. Communication without a common language but with lots of heart.

If youngo with an open heart you will inevitably start to develop a community of like-minded souls, and for me these relationships are the highlight of the Camino for me.
Yes having some time to walk alone on the Camino seem to be healthy too. I wanted to find some peace and make some decisions and for that my solo time was also very important.

But the 'Camino family' experience seems to be a highlight for many :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Anyway I am much more open back in Australia now, perhaps more than the usual aussie.
It's really cool that you took that with you home from the Camino :)

That's what I find really interesting about walking the Camino. It's not just like any holiday. Many people find that they overcome some obstacle or challenges inside of themselves. And other people develope new "habits" - like being really open towards others.

HI Line - Just be yourself and it just happens as long as you are genuine and open. A simple hello or greeting. Big advice is dont take it for granted you will meet again. I met some lovely people and also met a lovely Danish woman on route many times and assumed we would again. Alas in the final week I did not and really regret not asking for her details so I may keep in contact. Will just have to walk it again :) Good luck

I met some lovely people and also met a lovely Danish woman on route many times and assumed we would again. Alas in the final week I did not and really regret not asking for her details so I may keep in contact. Will just have to walk it again :) Good luck
I wonder if anyone ever think "This is it. Now I walked it for the last time"... maybe not

A selection of Camino Jewellery
After having last year's walk wiped out, and with it looking like this year is also a non-starter, and next year only a possibility, I just might have walked my last Camino. I am 77 now and I seem to be accumulating health problems which might make walking difficult by 2023. It is not a good thought.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
After having last year's walk wiped out, and with it looking like this year is also a non-starter, and next year only a possibility, I just might have walked my last Camino. I am 77 now and I seem to be accumulating health problems which might make walking difficult by 2023. It is not a good thought.
I hope you, and many of us, can rally and will have a few more camino's left in us when this virus is behind us. Let's try to think positive in the midst of this nightmare...I am trying.

We don't know yet what this year and next year will look like. Maybe we get lucky.
And perhaps you can figure out a way to walk the Camino where you make it easier. Shorter distances every day, walking less. Or some other way to make it a bit lighter.

I am from DK as well and have walked several Caminos and always alone and always meet tons of people. Just say Hi and start talking and 10 second later you'll know if the other party wishes to engage or not.
I've always had only positive experiences. I never sleep in albuerges as I prefer my own bathroom and bedroom but if you do stay in albuerges than it is virtually impossible not to meet people.
Held og lykke

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am from DK as well and have walked several Caminos and always alone and always meet tons of people. Just say Hi and start talking and 10 second later you'll know if the other party wishes to engage or not.
I've always had only positive experiences. I never sleep in albuerges as I prefer my own bathroom and bedroom but if you do stay in albuerges than it is virtually impossible not to meet people.
Held og lykke
Tak :)

Sounds simple enough

That is my take on things too. In general people want to treat others well.

Especially true on the Camino probably. Give a smile and receive a smile :)

I’m reading all your responses and feel my heart starting to beat a little faster...in fear lol. Living in Brooklyn, NY for the last 25 years has taught me to keep my mouth shut and mostly to avoid people 🙄. Usually you get a response like WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? Or YOU HAVE A PROBLEM? 😂😂😂

Your comment made me smile and remember my first camino... I went on a short 2 week holiday starting from SJPP and i think by day 3 i had fallen in love with it and tbh my life was changed for ever.... Anyway i left the camino in Santo Domingo de la Calzada and took the bus to madrid to fly home. I remember sitting at a terrace table there, having a glass of wine and having to very consciously STOP myself from taking to the English speakers at the next table. It had become second nature on the Camino to be friendly and to talk to strangers...

To the OP @LineDenmark I've walked ostensibly alone more than not and have rarely found it difficult to find a fellow pilgrim to share a meal or a glass of wine with.... Sometimes if course i want to be on my own and that's possible too.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
To the OP @LineDenmark I've walked ostensibly alone more than not and have rarely found it difficult to find a fellow pilgrim to share a meal or a glass of wine with.... Sometimes if course i want to be on my own and that's possible too.
Thank you for sharing :)
When I get the opportunity to walk again it will be a practice in openness for me. That's a very meaningful goal I think.

I always look and listen for something I may have in common with someone. For example you're from Denmark which is an easy one for me. My grandfather was Danish. I got married in Denmark twenty years ago. We've been back a few times since then including several trips to Norway and Sweden. I spent multiple deployments with the Danes and Norwegians in Bosnia several years ago. One of my close friends was Danish ... he's the one that nicknamed me VikingWarrior. Lars Ulrich??? Surly there would be something we could talk about.

You will have no problem. Ever afternoon over a beer or bottle of wine you will share the same language. How steep is it tomorrow? How far to the first cafe con leche tomorrow morning? How are your feet? Do you still have the list of alburgues they gave us at SJPDP? Have you seen the Irish man with the bandaged feet who is still walking? And on and on.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
"
I am from the North of England where people acknowledge each other and wouldn't think of being in a strangers company without passing the time of day.
On the other hand, those that live in our capital positively cringe at the thought of someone looking at them on their way to work, let alone actually talking, heaven forbid.
You might even find a YouTube clip from the UK where a spoof news bulletin reports the 'Northerner' being treated with great suspicion by Londoners because he had the temerity to talk on the Tube (subway). Sounds just like Noo Yark sic."

I've found the You Tube vid. Enjoy!

I'm from a smallish town outside of Chicago and I remember feeling many Londoners were "hoity toities" when I visited...maybe not true, but still a stereotype.😅

Last edited:
Lars Ulrich??? Surly there would be something we could talk about.
Lars Ulrich is a great subject (-: No lack of talking subjects with you.
And you're are right, that being curious about people and where they come from is the best way to open a conversation.
Berlin <3 , Harzen, Angela Merkel, sausages, Das Leben der Anderen, Berliner Kindl - that would be my German references.

Last edited:
You will have no problem. Ever afternoon over a beer or bottle of wine you will share the same language. How steep is it tomorrow? How far to the first cafe con leche tomorrow morning? How are your feet? Do you still have the list of alburgues they gave us at SJPDP? Have you seen the Irish man with the bandaged feet who is still walking? And on and on.
Yes, it's definitely my goal. Gathering around the table with other pilgrims, relaxing in conversation about the experiences of the day and the people we met.

I'd love to hear personal stories of meeting with pilgrims that stand out in your memories.

I am somewhat introverted, but I found it easy to meet people in albergues, especially at communal dinners, or in cafes during breaks or elsewhere while walking. And I usually found it easy to chat with other peregrinos about this or that. But for me, what was amazing and fun was when I would see one of these people who I barely knew a few days or a maybe week later. Then we would joyfully greet each other like long-lost, dear old friends, and we would have to catch up about all sorts of things.

I think the longer you walk on the Camino, the more often you cross paths with people and friendships have the chance to build. People who can only walk for a week or two miss out on that aspect of relationship building.

I met this young woman when I was leaving Roncesvalles in 2019. I walked a long "combo" Camino, and after arriving in Santiago I had plenty of time, so I bussed back to Gonzar to meet up with my friend @Oregon's Mark to walk with him to Santiago. I was so surprised to see the peregrina from Roncesvalles so many weeks later in Santa Irene!
resized.jpg

In 2015 on my first Camino I met two Americans from the Midwest at the communal dinner at Corazon Puro where we stayed. We have met faithfully every year since (except 2020) at various hotels for a weekend "Mini-reunion". We make tapas, and bring Santiago cake and Rioja wine to share while we reminisce with pictures and stories from our more recent Caminos. We usually add some hiking in as well and once we even brought bicycles.

After a 100 replies to your post, well it's fairly obvious that no one really wants to engage with others on the Camino!🤣. I find that sitting in an obvious location, looking at or having the brierly guide on your table with you is a great way of attracting English speakers. It also provides an obvious topic from the start.

The biggest problem after a few days will be how to Avoid pilgrims

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen caminó, hello, my bed is noisy and my mattress is too soft, would you like to join me, may I join you, the rain really sucked, the snow really sucked, the wind really sucked, that last hill really sucked, would you like to make
dinner together or go out for dinner, do you have to also call your husband/wife every day too or she/he will crawl under your wazoo and die, those are lovely blisters you have there,would you mind cutting your toenails outside or would you mind picking up your toenail clippings off my bed would you hang your wet clothes somewhere else they are dripping on my bed?
My favorite icebreaker- When was the last time you took a shower?

errmmmm ... your first few words ... "hello, my bed is noisy and my mattress is too soft, would you like to join me, may I join you" :oops::D:D

Last edited:
Sure trick for meeting people:

1) Check into a municipal Albergue that locks its doors at like 11 in the evening. Preferably a crowded one with you on a top bunk. Think like Astorga or o'ceb.

2) Go out and have a good dinner in town but order the wine instead of the water.

3) Drink all of said wine yourself. This is important.

4) Forget to check your watch for the time until at least 45 minutes after Albergues' "lock down".

5) Casually walk back to Albergue and realize that the door is now locked.

6) Proceed to bang on the door and yell relentlessly until somebody lets you in.

Well, you might not get to know people, but they will know you.

I take the 5th on whether or not this is from personal experience.

errmmmm ... your first few words ... "hello, my bed is noisy and my mattress is too soft, would you like to join me, may I join you" :oops::oops:
that was probably a poor choice in the order of when to impress but it also works in the context haha!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Put that @#%??!!!% cellphone down!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

As a solo walker, I found that the best way to meet people on the Camino was at dinner time. Signing up for La cena at each albergue was the perfect way to meet folks. I preferred to walk alone but evenings and meals were nice to share. Don't be shy. Introduce yourself. Share a drink. You never know when you will meet up with the same person again along the way.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Henriettagal and Anniesantiago: good advice. I definitely will go for that the next time :)

When you're not born as the most outgoing person, you gotta create ways to help yourself connect with others. It's an interesting challenge to practice this on the Camino.

Many people stop at Orrison for the night after leaving SJPdP. Although I have never done that, I hear often that it is a great bonding expeience.
Yes, I found communal dinners offered in many of the albergues also a great way to meet other pilgrims.
I stopped at Orrison on day one of my first Camino. Although I started the Camino alone, I met an incredible group of people on the deck at Orrison. That afternoon, we bonded and ended up traveling and walking into Santiago together as family. I am still in contact with these amazing pilgrims and will be heading to France in a couple of months with my Camino brother Dan to walk another 1000+ km. I highly recommend a stay at Orrison and partaking in as many communal dinners as possible.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

I have found that carrying a guitar usually helps
Lindsay 🚶‍♂️🎸

€149,-

Best thing todo is smile and say hello

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi LineDenmark!
I walked alone on my Camino from Porto; for the first 800 metres!
A french lady passed me with a " Buen Camino"; i replied "Buen Camino what a beautiful day for a walk lovely weather!"(being English that's a standard conversation starter).
She then said she had been walking for 40 days and a conversation started while we walked. After about 10/15 mins she walked on as she had a 30k plus day ahead and i was slow!
That one short chat told me i would meet people happy to talk !

If i needed company i could find it;poor souls i did eventually learn to button it🤣(in case your not sure that means to shut up) sometimes less is more!

Those that don't want to talk usually "Buen Camino" and carry on walking.
I liked the stretches where i was alone it made it feel more of an adventure which was what i wanted;but to meet pilgrim's at breakfast.brunch,lunch,afternoon tea,coffee and wine stops was enjoyable ha!ha! burning 5000+ calories a day i still put on weight!
Can't wait for the next time!!!
You will be fine and have a great time.
All the best
Woody

Someone else may have mentioned this, but there is a group called Camigas On Facebook where you can sign up to walk part or all of the way with buddies. It’s for women only.

On the majority of my travels I have flown from another continent alone. I always go on the path seeking to meet new friends. I have met a bazillion. Prolly about 30 stay in touch… here goes: Top 4 ways to meet people on the Camino de Santiago:

1) be cool. That might sound stupid or easy but to elaborate it may be easier to describe what is NOT COOL.. a) complaining when others aren’t b) coming into conflict over money c) unclean personal habits (when it impacts others) d) theft e) uneven exchanges

2) be happy

3) be interesting

4) be yourself - people who choose to do this pilgrimage are mostly inherently cool, happy and interesting so if you are reading this forum u are probably all of the above.

€149,-
Sure trick for meeting people:

1) Check into a municipal Albergue that locks its doors at like 11 in the evening. Preferably a crowded one with you on a top bunk. Think like Astorga or o'ceb.

2) Go out and have a good dinner in town but order the wine instead of the water.

3) Drink all of said wine yourself. This is important.

4) Forget to check your watch for the time until at least 45 minutes after Albergues' "lock down".

5) Casually walk back to Albergue and realize that the door is now locked.

6) Proceed to bang on the door and yell relentlessly until somebody lets you in.

Well, you might not get to know people, but they will know you.

I take the 5th on whether or not this is from personal experience.
Verin albergue: After a long day of type 2 fun (walked over 50 km even though I had expected to walk about 30-35km) I finally arrived and caught up with my camino buddy at the albergue. I went out to a local bar to eat while he decided to have a nap. When I came back I could not get in with the key I had.
After lots of banging and calling out I ended up scaling up the side of the building onto a balcony which DID wake up my friend.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Okay, LineDenmark. I've not been on the Camino but I am from Texas, which is an indian word for "friendly," so I can tell you how we'd do it down here.

1. Questions. As you pass or get passed or see a fellow traveler, throw out a question, "Are you from Texas," "Didn't I see you at X albergue last night," etc. Keep the initiative with follow-up questions, ""Well, where did you stay," "What time did you leave,", "Do you know where you'll stop today," Keep looking for a response that is more than monosyllabic. Then...
2. Give a compliment. Every person on this earth wants to be admired. Find something to admire, "I love those shoes." then show your sincerity by following up with an explanation, "I was going to get those shoes but they were so expensive." Compliments always get some friendly juice going. Then...
3. Introduce yourself. After all this friendly chit chat, exchanging names really "seals the deal." Now, as friends, you have to walk along together for at least another 100 feet. Here is when you say something about yourself, "Harry? How nice to meet you Harry, I'm from Glockenspiel." And now it is Harry's turn to ask a question.

After this, you and your fellow traveler can exchange information and maybe even make plans for dinner.

If making friends doesn't come easy then you should have a plan. The three part one I've offered (perfected in the bars and meeting-places of my youth) can be adapted to nearly any venue. After two or three successes with this and variations of this approach, it will become a natural part of your social repertoire and will repay your efforts many times over.

Buen Camino.
Edit: Yikes, I just noticed this thread is a bit dated. I hope LineDenmark found some friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m reading all your responses and feel my heart starting to beat a little faster...in fear lol. Living in Brooklyn, NY for the last 25 years has taught me to keep my mouth shut and mostly to avoid people 🙄. Usually you get a response like WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? Or YOU HAVE A PROBLEM? 😂😂😂
Don't forget that the Camino is different from normal life.
Firstly - You are ALL GOING THE SAME WAY! (I think in 3 times now I have seen only 1 person walking back home)
What you do for a living is largely unimportant
You will probably all suffer from the same things, blisters, rain, sore knees - the Camino has an impact on most people - even young fit ones.

You can help injured people, ask about their blisters/knees etc
Find out where they are from - I met people from all over the world
Share food

There is plenty to connect with people, but sometimes it is nice to just be alone.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Verin albergue: After a long day of type 2 fun (walked over 50 km even though I had expected to walk about 30-35km) I finally arrived and caught up with my camino buddy at the albergue. I went out to a local bar to eat while he decided to have a nap. When I came
Hmmm. ""Be interesting," usually means talking about yourself. To be more interesting, talk more... Another word for that might be "boring."
I know I got called out on it already. It’s more important to be interested in others. My bad.

I know I got called out on it already. It’s more important to be interested in others. My bad.
Don't beat yourself up over it. I didn't see your comment necessarily as such a negative. I was thinking you meant more like...chatting about a museum along the way, or a hobby you enjoy, or the wonderful orange juice you just had at your last stop. But yes, give eye contact and be interested in other people. It's such a unique experience to rub shoulders with so many people from "everywhere" and so fascinating to learn about them.

Communal albergue meals are the easiest.
If you see a pilgrim eating alone you can always ask if they want company.
And the pilgrim with a bottle of wine is always popular. 😊🍷
I remember, in Burgos on the Plaza, I was looking where to sit down, as you do. A peregrina sitting on the terrace called to me ‘why don’t you join me?’. 😁 We are still in contact now, nearly 10 years later 😎 And that’s just one exemple out of many 😉

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Sorry, I didn´t mean to "call you out," but to add to what you were saying. I agree with @Camino Chrissy
Don't beat yourself up over it. I didn't see your comment necessarily as such a negative. I was thinking you meant more like...chatting about a museum along the way, or a hobby you enjoy, or the wonderful orange juice you just had at your last stop.

Don't beat yourself up over it. I didn't see your comment necessarily as such a negative. I was thinking you meant more like...chatting about a museum along the way, or a hobby you enjoy, or the wonderful orange juice you just had at your last stop. But yes, give eye contact and be interested in other people. It's such a unique experience to rub shoulders with so many people from "everywhere" and so fascinating to learn about them.
Thanks you’re nice. I wasn’t really beating myself up about it. I more meant that specific line “be interesting” in context with the thought that almost everyone choosing to walk such distances in a new environment is inherently interesting… one way or another. In my experience everyone on the path has a story. So it wasn’t meant as a challenge but more like a confirmation that just by being there and yourself, avoiding being not cool of course, is enough to make friends along the way.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.