• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do You Know This Person?

CathyP

Cathy
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues (2022)
My husband and I bicycled the Camino Portuguese this Fall, in September/October from Lisbon to Santiago, our first Camino. (It was incredible!) We met a delightful woman from Utrecht, The Netherlands along the way. Since we were bicycling, we did not often see walkers we met once we were farther down the road. We did just happen to see this gal again when we were in Coimbra, Portugal, on September 18, 2022. She had shoulder-length salt-&-pepper hair, in the range of fifties-early sixties.
I know there is a super slim chance, but if you know her name and contact info, would you please do the favor of reaching out to advise her of this post? Please send me a PM if you know her. Many thanks for reading.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Here's a suggestion for when you meet someone. I had a business card that I gave out to people. But then it either got lost or thrown away. So, what I did at the later stages of the camino was to have the people take a photo of my Business Card. I did have a couple people contact me after the camino.

Thank you for the suggestion and list of places you stayed. We actually did have some business cards with us on the Camino, but not on us or not in our thoughts when we met our friend from Utrecht unfortunately! Murphy's Law...and always a learning experience!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Have you tried asking around in Utrecht. Perhaps email the city library or contact the newspaper?

If she is a member of Het Genootschap van Sint Jacob, you may find her through them.

But if you do not have a name, at least a first name, it is going to be hard.

shoulder-length salt-&-pepper hair, in the range of fifties-early sixties

is a description that applies to hundreds if not thousands of Peregrinas and all Dutch women are delightful anyway.

😇

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Giving the dates you met as well as the description should help and narrow it down a bit.

Here's a suggestion for when you meet someone. I had a business card that I gave out to people. But then it either got lost or thrown away. So, what I did at the later stages of the camino was to have the people take a photo of my Business Card. I did have a couple people contact me after the camino.
After my 2016 Camino, I was kicking myself about the people I hadn't exchanged contact info with. So before my 2018 Camino, I had a personal sello made. It uses the same picture of me as in my Forum avatar, with "Ultreia!" written above, and has my email address below. I shared my contact info more on my 2018 Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Genootschap van Sint Jacob is the place to start.

Or more specific, their facebook group. It has thousands of members so if you post there, it may be read by her, or someone who knows her. If you need any help finding and posting in their facebook group, please let me know (I am a member of the facebook group as well)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As someone who doesn't maintain a social media presence aside from this forum...I do wish you the best of luck. Hopefully your acquaintance uses social media.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back