• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do you like the new Xacobeo 2010 logo? (See below)

How do you like the new Xacobeo 2010 logo? (see below)

• I like it

Votes: 28 100.0%
  • I hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could not care less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
New logo for the promotion of the holy year, Xacobeo 2010:
xacobeo-logo.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Which way did they go?

I'm having difficulty figuring out which way it's pointing!
It looks like a flower that someone stepped on and squished.

It's just messy and difficult to read. I mean, the blue ball is really confusing to my eyes. I think this will make a lot of people lost.

It makes me feel like I'm in Disneyland with Bubbles the Clown leaving his signature around town.

What was wrong with the old, historic ones?
The old yellow arrows match the ribs in the scallop shell.
They are indicative of Father, Son, Holy Spirit where they come together as One.
They are easy to read and you can't get confused about which way they are pointing.
You can paint them on any surface.
They give you the feeling of being on a HISTORIC as well as a sacred journey, following those arrows that so many have followed before you.

I'm happy I'm doing my Camino BEFORE they change the signage.

To me.. this is just all about money... and is not a well-thought-through decision.

Pleeeease don't change it!

Hi Deborah,

I think there is still some misconceptions out there regarding what is going away and what is new.

Since this has become a topic that has heated up people’s feelings I should maybe just let this lay. But I just can't..... :)

Here is the thing:

1) The traditional yellow arrows marking the way to Santiago from places as far away as France or Portugal will not go away or be changed.

2) This logo:
xacobeo-logo.jpg

replaces this logo:

logo-xacobeo.gif

3) Everything else stays the same.

To me, the blue dot in the logo represent Santiago, and the yellow smaller dots are all the caminos ending up in Santiago.... kind of "All roads lead to .... Santiago". In addition it is another representation of the shell...

I hope this clarifies a bit.

By the way, Santiago is expected to get to 34c today. Ourense (a bit further south will get to 36c).

Un saludo,
Ivar

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I assume it's also meant as a variant of the CoE's stylised shell much used on routes outside Spain.
edce00_a.jpg

The blue/yellow colours are those of Europe.

And the dot bottom left also makes it remind me of a stylised walker with the blue dot as a pack!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Xacobeo is an organization (it is actually part of Xunta de Galicia, the local government in Galicia) that exist to promote the different holy years.

Xacobeo chooses a new logo for each holy year that they promote.

For the holy year in 1993, Xacobeo had this logo:
pelegrin.gif

Holy year 1999 and 2004 had this logo:
logo-xacobeo.gif

So you see they actually used the same logo for both of these holy years.

The logo for the promotion of the holy year in 2010 was just announced. It looks like this:
xacobeo-logo.jpg

These logos are for the promotion of the different holy years.

They have nothing to do with the yellow arrows painted along the different caminos to guide the way. I am not sure how this misunderstanding came up.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

I think it started with a posting on the St James' Group site on 3rd June entitled:

Yellow Arrow "Dumped"

Some of the text was:

While recognizing the symbolic and practical significance of the yellow
arrow, which superseded a small pilgrim drawing and the traditional shell as symbol of the Camino, the powers that be have chosen a new Camino symbol in preparation for the next Holy year, 2010.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone will be pleased to know that they can still follow the flechas amarillas on their caminos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hooray

Yay! Glad to get this info.
Thanks for clarifying.

Deborah

By the way, how do you pronounce "Deborah" in SpanisH?

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.