• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do you need a Camino Reflection?

NancyZ

Hello
Time of past OR future Camino

There is a wonderful group called Faithful companions of Jesus in the Santiago pilgrim’s office, 1st floor (one flight up the stairs) room 6 from 0930 to 5:00pm- Monday thru Saturday. You can talk about your experience with other English speaking pilgrims. If you need a private session here is an email- caminocompanions@gmail.com to make an appointment.

There is also a English pilgrim’s Mass in the chapel also in the pilgrim’s office building everyday at 10:30 except Wednesdays. The chapel is to the left when you walk into the building. The wonderful Father Manny was a pilgrim himself and the service revolves around the pilgrimage.

It helped me & I’m sure it will help you🙏🏻

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

There is a wonderful group called Faithful companions of Jesus in the Santiago pilgrim’s office, 1st floor (one flight up the stairs) room 6 from 0930 to 5:00pm- Monday thru Saturday. You can talk about your experience with other English speaking pilgrims. If you need a private session here is an email- caminocompanions@gmail.com to make an appointment.

There is also a English pilgrim’s Mass in the chapel also in the pilgrim’s office building everyday at 10:30 except Wednesdays. The chapel is to the left when you walk into the building. The wonderful Father Manny was a pilgrim himself and the service revolves around the pilgrimage.

It helped me & I’m sure it will help you🙏🏻
A quick question about this group. Is it more religiously or spiritually focused. As a non Christian, I would like to know please. Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I wanted my Camino to be religious- that is the foundation of this pilgrimage, right? - but was not very religious at the time. Doing the Camino for religious reasons was more aspirational than true, when I started. I had no particular course of action, no plans to “talk to God”, no need to change my happy life. Experiences, adventures, and, dare I admit, a miracle or two along the way made it a truly unexpected life-changing experience for me.
Every day of my life since then has been a revelation of joy and harmony (ok, maybe not tax time ) because of my walk.

A quick question about this group. Is it more religiously or spiritually focused. As a non Christian, I would like to know please. Thanks
I wanted my Camino to be religious- that is the foundation of this pilgrimage, right? - but was not very religious at the time. Doing the Camino for religious reasons was more aspirational than true, when I started. I had no particular course of action, no plans to “talk to God”, no need to change my happy life. Experiences, adventures, and, dare I admit, a miracle or two along the way made it a truly unexpected life-changing experience for me.
Every day of my life since then has been a revelation of joy and harmony (ok, maybe not tax time ) because of my walk.
Kathy I had the same experience. The camino was life-changing for me too. I have been at peace and the as you stated revelation of joy. I returned home today so I am still processing. 🥰

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This group is religious but the space is for you to talk about your experiences on the camino with other fellow pilgrims with a cup of tea or coffee. I have a non Christian friend who went, and they found it extremely helpful. I hope answered your question.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This group is religious but the space is for you to talk about your experiences on the camino with other fellow pilgrims with a cup of tea or coffee. I have a non Christian friend who went, and they found it extremely helpful. I hope answered your question.
Thanks so much for your quick response. I will put this in my notes for my Santiago arrival. I will walk this winter I hope they are meeting in January.

If that's the group that meets upstairs after the English Pilgrims Mass for coffee, a biscuit and chat it wasn't overly religious. It's where we met the guy who walked from Prague - the rest of us felt like underachievers after that...!

Thanks so much for your quick response. I will put this in my notes for my Santiago arrival. I will walk this winter I hope they are meeting in January.
If that's the group that meets upstairs after the English Pilgrims Mass for coffee, a biscuit and chat it wasn't overly religious. It's where we met the guy who walked from Prague - the rest of us felt like underachievers after that...!
Yes, this is the group. You should never feel like you are a underachiever, you walked your own Camino 🥰

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If the group isn’t there the Priest Father Manny that gives the English Mass will be. Father Manny is a pilgrim himself, you can talk to him. Buen Camino🥰

I would like that very much so thanks for all your help
I am happy to help. I just finished my Camino a week ago, when I walked into the Cathedral square in Santiago, I was extremely emotional. It was nice to go to the English Mass and helpful to talk to other pilgrims. Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back