• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do you remember?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I thought a "do you remember" thread might be fun!

Does anyone remember seeing this "scarecrow" leaving Lograño? We almost cried laughing!

v4trtz.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Annie,

A great theme for a thread. I'm looking forward to seeing further posts. I don't recall seeing this near Logrono. I did see "Felisa's Border Post" on way into Logrono as mentioned in Brierley guide but didn't stop.
I still have n't managed to upload a photo. I get the message, invalid file when I try uploading a jpg.

Buen Camino

What I did was to first resize the photo to about 700/1200.

Then I went to Tinypics and uploaded it.
It then spits out a nice neat code that you can copy and paste on the forum thread, and voila!
Your photo appears!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Took this in 2006 on the VDLP out of Real de la Jara.

Attachments

• VDLP.jpg
    VDLP.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2,014
Back again, I think I've done a better job of uploading a photo this time. It's not exactly one to make you laugh.
This is painted on wall of albergue in Calzadilla de la Cueza and hospitalero is seen in white shirt. This is the albergue with swimming pool and you meet it after trekking along Via Trajana.

Buen Camino.

2hhdoqh.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I loved the Don Alvaro albergue in Sarria so much, and especially loved these deck chairs for reclining in the sun. I felt as if I could have stayed here for days just relaxing!

Attachments

• IMG_3295.jpg
    IMG_3295.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,986

Attachments

• Scarecrows.jpg
    Scarecrows.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,850
  • Smily sunflowers.jpg
    Smily sunflowers.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Free water - rasberries for sale.jpg
    Free water - rasberries for sale.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,857
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I just LOVE those sunflower faces! I never saw those. They are wonderful!

Remember the blessed footbaths!?

2mzed54.jpg

The beautiful sunrises (leaving San Nicholas)

2ppe9fm.jpg

Drying Corn near Sarria

aoswgi.jpg

Hopefully there will be more humourous posts but right now I'm like a child in a sweet shop,now that I can actually upload onto a message board........so here are a few more.

For those that started in St. Jean
2epu8gh.jpg

fegxvb.jpg

jhq42u.jpg

348m34p.jpg

Buen Camino

Brian

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Leroy was here??
Fun with the sunflowers.

Attachments

• Sunflower faces .jpg
    Sunflower faces .jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,667
  • flecha amarilla.jpg
    flecha amarilla.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,662
And here's another pair of those scarecrows, near Palas del Rey, May 2006. The lady is carrying a shopping bag and the guy at the back is carrying a bottle. I wonder if they're still there...or have they made it to where they're supposed to go? ;-)

Mark TQM

Attachments

• IMG_0200 - Eirexe - resized.jpg
    IMG_0200 - Eirexe - resized.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,520
And another these two - a dancing scarecrow - and a Peregrino on his way to Astorga.

Attachments

• Astorga peregrino.JPG
    Astorga peregrino.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,467
  • Dancing scarecrow.JPG
    Dancing scarecrow.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,474
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Help someone! I can't work out how to load a photo? I've even done it before but I can't remember how!!

I think there are a couple of ways, but this is the way I usually use.
First you need to make sure the photo isn't too big, (though you can always re-edit later to put a smaller version in if necessary).

Then:
1) Look at the grey section underneath where the preview/submit buttons are. Click on 'upload attachment'.
2) Browse on your computer to find the image you want, and open it.
3) Click on "add the file".
4) Place Inline.
5) Submit

Good luck!
Margaret

Attachments

• IMG_2941.jpg
    IMG_2941.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,427
Thank you Margaret. And thank you Peter for assistance with making it smaller.

And this is what I've been longing to share. Look at the head.

Isn't it wonderful?

I know it isn't 'do you remember?' because it's from this chestnut timber framed church in a village called Drosnay, south of Vitry-le-Francois, in Champagne. We ate our lunch outside, with lovely juicy plums. That's Peter in the porch, just not bumping his head.

And,in contrast, from the same church, this wonderful wall painting of a woman at prayer

Now I've got it, I can't stop!!

Attachments

• Drosnay church1 small.JPG
    Drosnay church1 small.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Drosnay church kitch Mary-doll small.JPG
    Drosnay church kitch Mary-doll small.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,362
  • Drosnay church fresco worshipper small.JPG
    Drosnay church fresco worshipper small.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,360
I loved those sunflowers! I saw a field of them walking up the Alta de Perdon during a torrential rainstorm in 2007, most were happy but the odd sad face was in there.

Hahahaha! I love all those scarecrows! Everyone's photos are awesome!
The dollhead statue is great!

Do you remember the Rooster at Hornillos:

jj6vef.jpg

or what you ate for Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks?:

fbkfba.jpg

On my way to Fisterra, even the cows were helping with the marking.
I doubt anyone else saw this as it is truly ''une oeuvre éphémère''...

Attachments

• 101_0157r.JPG
    101_0157r.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,254
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
to come around the corner and be greeted with this always made me smile. Janet

Attachments

• P1000980.JPG
    P1000980.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,218
Canuk - I also took a photograph of the bovine markings, but this one was special because it had hoary frost covering it.

Annie - I think your yellow corn cobs were used to make this charming horrero.

Attachments

• Frosty cowshit.011.jpg
    Frosty cowshit.011.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Garden Horrero.jpg
    Garden Horrero.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,213
Did anyone else see this rather terrifying scarecrow?

(ps - this is my 100th post! Woohoo!)

Attachments

• 27426572833_0_BG.jpg
    27426572833_0_BG.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 997
  • 30856572833_0_BG.jpg
    30856572833_0_BG.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 994
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Vultures flying over head from Najera - waiting for a pilgrim to drop??

And how about these high-rise haystacks??

Attachments

• Sky scraper hay stacks.JPG
    Sky scraper hay stacks.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 866
  • Birds of prey.jpg
    Birds of prey.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 866
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back