• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Does ALSA still bus to Porto from Santiago?

jimtrabulsi

Their web sites international timetable has neither Santiago or Porto. their National timetable has Santiago as a starting point but no Porto which makes sense cause Porto is in Portigal. I know they used to bus there. Do I have to take a train? If so which one. Thanks ,Jim

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oporto Santiago Compostela 01:00 06:30 6h 30min 30.0€ 49.0€ 01/12/2011 31/03/2013 normal no ver L
Oporto Santiago Compostela 13:00 18:00 6h 00min 30.0€ 49.0€ 01/12/2011 31/12/2012 normal no ver LMXJVSD

The international part of http://www.Alsa.es lists the Santiago - Porto/Porto Airport route. Make sure you select Portugal as the destination country so that Porto appears in the city selection.

Train option is Santiago to Vigo and then the International train which runs twice a day from Vigo to Porto at approx 07:40 and 19:40. You get an hour back as you cross the border into Portugal.

Cheers
Mig

Attachments

• AlsaPorto.JPG
    AlsaPorto.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,551
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, just came back from Santiago this week and can confirm alsa stil DOES run the bus between Santiago and Porto. Twice a day. Tickets can be bought in advance at the estacion de autobusses, that is approx 15 minutes walking distance from the Cathedral. I set of a friedn of mine taking the direction from Santiago to Porto and know the trip lasts 4 hours: Please note the time schedules are in LOCAL times. So do not think the trip Porto to Santiago is 5 hrs if you find a schedule, it is (just) 4 hrs.

Thanks. I plan to use this service in September.

Hola

Those planning to walk from Oporto to Santiago should note that the bus from Santiago stops at Oporto airport from which you can get the metro to Vila do Conde one of the starting points of the Camino Portuguese outside of the city. However Oporto is a very interesting city and worth a visit for those going for the first time.

John

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back