• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Does anyone have Orisson's PayPal address?

brambles

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Inca (2018)
Camino Frances (June/July 2019)
Camino Portugues (June/July 2020)
Orisson finally emailed me to confirm a reservation and said they would send an invoice for partial payment deposit to PayPal but I do not have a PayPal account and just use my husband's. I emailed them to give his email address for PayPal but now I am concerned that I will have to wait weeks again for another response.

Does anyone have Orisson's PayPal email so I can just pay them and stop thinking about this?

Thank you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You do not need a Paypal account to make a payment via Paypal. You can make a simple card payment to the Paypal account. Please don't tell Paypal I told you this ;)
But the thing is I do not know who to make the payment to. I need their address. Orisson will probably try to send something to MY email address when the PayPal account is my husband's email address. I just want to pay, include a message to them that it is me and be done with it

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
They send an invoice to PayPal. They will send it using my email address. I do not have a personal PayPal.

If anyone out there has paid Orisson using PayPal I would just like to know the @ address you used to pay them.. In other words, if you have paid them, will you look in your PayPal history and send me a link/address.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
They will send the invoice to the email you used to make the booking.
Have you booked at Orisson? Did you PayPal them? I am afraid that you still don't understand what I asking for/trying to explain.

You will still receive the email from Orisson, or actually look for an email titled You've received an invoice (XXXXX) from SARL APATHIA . This PayPal article tells you how to make a payment without an account.

How do I pay for a payment request or invoice?

You can pay a money request or invoice by clicking Pay Now in the email we sent you.

If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create a new account before you pay. If you don’t want to create an account, you can pay using a credit or debit card.

Here’s how:
  1. Check your email inbox for an email from us that includes the money request or invoice.
  2. Click the Pay Now button in the email. (If you don’t see it, click the link in the email, or copy and paste the link into your browser’s address bar.)
  3. If you already have a PayPal account, enter your password and click Log In.
  4. Review the money request or invoice, and then click Pay Now to complete your transaction.
Or:
  1. To create a new PayPal account and pay using your new account, click Continue and follow the instructions.
  2. To pay without creating a PayPal account, click debit or credit card.
If you don’t have the email we sent you, you can pay your money request or invoice by logging in to your PayPal account. You’ll see the money request or invoice on your Activity.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Also check your 'Junk' folder as you are looking and checking for the email. Sometimes the email with the invoice can get be treated as spam. It has happened to a few folks on the Forum.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is frustrating that they would just not send the invoice in the same email as the confirmation that a reservation is possible. Like, if you want to book, go ahead and pay here! Another poster on another thread said that he didn't know that orisson had confirmed until he saw request for payment in PayPal. My husband and I use a PayPal account under one name (his email) because sometimes he sells things and then we can both pay for something using PayPal balance but I should probably just get my own anyway to avoid this kind of thing in the future. Also, like another poster in another thread I would rather avoid this hassle but my daughter wants to stay here.

It is frustrating that they would just not send the invoice in the same email as the confirmation that a reservation is possible. Like, if you want to book, go ahead and pay here! Another poster on another thread said that he didn't know that orisson had confirmed until he saw request for payment in PayPal. My husband and I use a PayPal account under one name (his email) because sometimes he sells things and then we can both pay for something using PayPal balance but I should probably just get my own anyway to avoid this kind of thing in the future. Also, like another poster in another thread I would rather avoid this hassle but my daughter wants to stay here.
When you receive the invoice, you can click on the link to go to PayPal and sign in with your husband's account, it shouldn't matter that you followed the link from your email address. The important thing is that the invoice number corresponds to your booking.
I think that you are really overthinking this.

Another poster on another thread said that he didn't know that Orisson had confirmed until he saw request for payment in PayPal.
@brambles, the poster may well be one of those who received an email with invoice but did not notice it in his or her mailbox. As others have pointed out: You will receive an email titled You've received an invoice (XXXXX) from SARL APATHIA and in some cases - unfortunately and depending on your own or your internet provider's set-up - it may end up in your Junk or Spam folder and not in your inbox.

The email comes from SARL APATHIA <service@paypal.com> . Apathia (sarl) is the name of the small company that owns and manages Orisson.

You wish to pay without quoting their invoice number since you don't know that number yet. Try to relax. It's for July, right? I feel some threads paint a picture of a lackadaisical attitude from Orisson or of months of waiting for a response that does not quite correspond to reality. In fact, they seem to respond within a couple of weeks during their annual closing time and faster during their season. Maybe they have a person who comes in once every two weeks to do the bookings and accounts ... in any case, let us know eventually about the happy end 😊. Buen camino.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hang in there Brambles! :) Your frustration is minor, and so typical of the entire Camino, at least for those of us who have/had never traveled abroad. It'll be no different standing in the wrong lines at foreign airports or trying to take the right train or bus, trying to speak to hospitaleros who barely speak English, tho better than our Spanish, French or Basque, finding your way to an albergue off the trail, wondering if the next albergue will be "completo," etc. It will be a month out of your comfort zone, just like you're feeling right now. The Orisson folks are wonderful. This is their vacation time. They'll get back to you and help you make your reservation and payment. If you're really worried about it, open your own Paypal account, make your payment and then close it. No big deal. Buen Camino! You're already on it!

Orisson finally emailed me to confirm a reservation and said they would send an invoice for partial payment deposit to PayPal but I do not have a PayPal account and just use my husband's. I emailed them to give his email address for PayPal but now I am concerned that I will have to wait weeks again for another response.

Does anyone have Orisson's PayPal email so I can just pay them and stop thinking about this?

Thank you!

Attachments

• CAF9793A-55BC-46CE-81F9-D84846B523FA.png
    CAF9793A-55BC-46CE-81F9-D84846B523FA.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 32
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first time I booked to stay at Orisson, they confirmed the booking and that I should pay by PayPal, so I did. Two days later I got the invoice to pay by Paypal, which included the 2 euros fee. So I emailed Orisson to say I had paid immediately, but I had not paid the extra 2 euros. They confirmed, no problem. When I arrived I had to pay the other 2 euros. So next time I booked (2015), I just waited for the invoice from PayPal before I paid.

Thanks everyone for your replies and reassurance. I am sure it will all work out and now I am a bit regretful for posting because I think I was kind of 'venting'. The date and stay confirmation at Orisson determines my Paris, St Jean, and Rocanvalles albergue reservations which is why I wanted to get it sorted. After that, I don't plan to reserve anything. I have visited countries all over the world and in all of my trips I can't recall having one lodging option determine surrounding days! Not to mention the fact that now my daughter is even old enough to make such requests :) I know walking the Camino is unlike other 'trips' so I will definitely keep that in mind. I need to revive what I usually say my personal motto is "Everything's gonna be fine!" :)

Kathar1na: Orisson has a definite PayPal address that IS included on the email they will send, BUT to publicly post it would likely cause mass confusion for them as folks attempted to send payments prior to officially having beds reserved in an attempt to get a leg up on other pilgrims. Everyone just needs to trust the (slow) process and follow the directions given by the managers.

As for one lodging option dictating surrounding days of a trip: that’s a restriction you are placing on the Camino and it’s not a good one. Perhaps you are placing entirely too much weight into Orisson being a magical experience when, in fact, it’s usually your personal state of mind and the pilgrims you are surrounded by which add up to an enjoyable stay. I hope you and your daughter are not disappointed.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Kathar1na: Orisson has a definite PayPal address that IS included on the email they will send, BUT to publicly post it would likely cause mass confusion for them as folks attempted to send payments prior to officially having beds reserved in an attempt to get a leg up on other pilgrims. Everyone just needs to trust the (slow) process and follow the directions given by the managers.

As for one lodging option dictating surrounding days of a trip: that’s a restriction you are placing on the Camino and it’s not a good one. Perhaps you are placing entirely too much weight into Orisson being a magical experience when, in fact, it’s usually your personal state of mind and the pilgrims you are surrounded by which add up to an enjoyable stay. I hope you and your daughter are not disappointed.

As they say it's location, location, location. Magic would be a bonus!

Thanks everyone for your replies and reassurance. I am sure it will all work out and now I am a bit regretful for posting because I think I was kind of 'venting'. The date and stay confirmation at Orisson determines my Paris, St Jean, and Rocanvalles albergue reservations which is why I wanted to get it sorted. After that, I don't plan to reserve anything. I have visited countries all over the world and in all of my trips I can't recall having one lodging option determine surrounding days! Not to mention the fact that now my daughter is even old enough to make such requests :) I know walking the Camino is unlike other 'trips' so I will definitely keep that in mind. I need to revive what I usually say my personal motto is "Everything's gonna be fine!" :)

Kind of hoping that this post will wrap things up for this thread for me. Although I would be happy to post the eventual outcome. Thanks again.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Thank you!

You can go to top of your PayPal invoice you were sent go to top right I believe and you will see credit cards listed there. It took us awhile too figure it out but it worked. Best of luck.

Wow thanks for this post! I just found my invoice sent by Orisson 5 days ago in junk mail and paid it. Phew! I found it by entering "Orisson" in a search of my iphone junk mail. It did not come up when I entered "SARL APATHIA." Brambles, did you find your invoice?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes! I did receive the invoice eventually. However, I decided not to keep the reservation after all! I had been in the middle of other frustrating things going on in my life, decided it didn't feel right, let it go and we decided we might walk the Valcarlos route or start early enough to press on to Roncesvalles. We agreed that we'll decide what to do once we get to SJDP. :)

If it's any help ... we stayed overnight at a privately run albergue in Valcarlos. We left our accommodation at 11:00 a.m. and immediately fell in with pilgrims who had started earlier that morning in SJPP and who were going straight through to Roncesvalles. We all arrived safely in Roncesvalles, despite the terrible snow storm we ran into.
Have a great time. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.