• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Does anyone know of this holiday home after La Robla?

Abigail Kelly

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago/Fis/Muxia 2017
A Coruna/Santiago 2017
Portuguese Coastal/Variante Espiritual 2019
Hi everyone! I have been looking for cheap private accommodation in La Robla for when I am doing the Salvador/Primitivo next month. I can't find anything online and have had mixed reactions when I called a few places because of my lack of Spanish 😱 So I came across this holiday home "Villamt Alcedo de Alba" its a steal for one night full house with a swimming pool :cool: ( I swim in winter) I have looked it up on google maps ( me been terrible with maps) but just wondering if its off the beaten track to much and wait it out until I arrive there and hope for accommodation? It has 3 or 4 bedrooms as well, who knows I might meet some ca minions along the way that want to share. All input really appreciated 👣👣

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'll be passing that way in fall baring covid. Looks like a great option. If you stay please post what you thought of it.
Thanks,
Frank

Hi everyone! I have been looking for cheap private accommodation in La Robla for when I am doing the Salvador/Primitivo next month. I can't find anything online and have had mixed reactions when I called a few places because of my lack of Spanish 😱 So I came across this holiday home "Villamt Alcedo de Alba" its a steal for one night full house with a swimming pool :cool: ( I swim in winter) I have looked it up on google maps ( me been terrible with maps) but just wondering if its off the beaten track to much and wait it out until I arrive there and hope for accommodation? It has 3 or 4 bedrooms as well, who knows I might meet some ca minions along the way that want to share. All input really appreciated 👣👣
Can you post the link of where you found it?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This pension is pretty centrally located between Renfe station, Plaza Mayor and albergue. I stayed there for two nights in 2016 and it was perfectly OK for the price:
There's the bar and restaurant on ground floor.

This pension is pretty centrally located between Renfe station, Plaza Mayor and albergue. I stayed there for two nights in 2016 and it was perfectly OK for the price:
There's the bar and restaurant on ground floor.
Oh I wonder is it the same place that you are thinking of? See my post below 🤔 Ah just read your post on pension Mundo, this is a different place. It is a full house.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Oh I wonder is it the same place that you are thinking of? See my post below 🤔
Nope, definitely not.

The place you attached the photo about is out of La Robla approx. half an hour walk in the direction of Oviedo. Let's say it's on the Camino, maybe few dozen meters off.

Last edited:
I'll be passing that way in fall baring covid. Looks like a great option. If you stay please post what you thought of it.
Thanks,
Frank
Will do Frank, still trying to figure out how far it is off the camino route tho! I would be like the queen of the manor with a whole house to myself and a swimming pool 😅 My bubble might be burst yet 🙃

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Berking.com has the place at €54 for a night. Price rises per body. Pool looks like a "summer" pool but it might be filled. Puente de Alba is on the camino. I would choose to stay in the Albergue in La Robla with easy access to bars and restuarants but thats 'cos I'd figure I'll get wet enough walking in April that total immersion will not be required ;)

I found it on Booking.com

Thats it, I just wasn't sure how to attach the file as you did above.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Berking.com has the place at €54 for a night. Price rises per body. Pool looks like a "summer" pool but it might be filled. Puente de Alba is on the camino. I would choose to stay in the Albergue in La Robla with easy access to bars and restuarants but thats 'cos I'd figure I'll get wet enough walking in April that total immersion will not be required ;)
Hi Tincatinker, is Alcedo de Alba where the holiday home is at on the camino do you think/know? Thanks for the gentle reminder of "Walking in the rain in April" 🙃

Will do Frank, still trying to figure out how far it is off the camino route tho! I would be like the queen of the manor with a whole house to myself and a swimming pool 😅 My bubble might be burst yet 🙃

The listing you posted says it’s in Puente Alba, which as Kinky says, is right on or extremely close to the camino, about 2 km beyond the La Robla albergue.

Alcedo de Alba is a different town, looks like it is about 1 km from the La Robla albergue. Probably a bit further off the camino based on google maps.

Either way, it’s not far from the camino. Not likely to be close to any restaurants or bars for meals or coffee, so you would have to buy stuff in La Robla, where there are plenty of groceries.

The listing you posted says it’s in Puente Alba, which as Kinky says, is right on or extremely close to the camino, about 2 km beyond the La Robla albergue.

Alcedo de Alba is a different town, looks like it is about 1 km from the La Robla albergue. Probably a bit further off the camino based on google maps.

Either way, it’s not far from the camino. Not likely to be close to any restaurants or bars for meals or coffee, so you would have to buy stuff in La Robla, where there are plenty of groceries.
Thank you for your information and checking out the map for me. I am really terrible with maps but what I could figure is that it is off the camino a bit maybe 1 or 2 km. So I have to decide if I want to walk the extra mile. I know its not a lot but I want to spare the old knees as I have a knee fracture from just over a year ago and I will have a lot of miles ahead of me over the 3 weeks ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for your information and checking out the map for me. I am really terrible with maps but what I could figure is that it is off the camino a bit maybe 1 or 2 km. So I have to decide if I want to walk the extra mile. I know its not a lot but I want to spare the old knees as I have a knee fracture from just over a year ago and I will have a lot of miles ahead of me over the 3 weeks ;)

So you are sure it’s in Alceda de Alba and not Puebla de Alba? Because if it is In Puebla de Alba, I think the camino goes right through it. And the booking.com listing says Puebla de Alba, no?

Yes, place names are frequently very confusing in Spain!

You can pull up the map location on booking.com. It's in between La Robla and Puente de Alba. I believe that the Camino follows the river in that area20200307_150600.jpg

So you are sure it’s in Alceda de Alba and not Puebla de Alba? Because if it is In Puebla de Alba, I think the camino goes right through it. And the booking.com listing says Puebla de Alba, no?

Yes, place names are frequently very confusing in Spain!
Oh you are absolutely right, thank you for pointing that out to me. Sounds good tho if the camino goes right through.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.