Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Does this camino have a name?

Bert45

Past OR future Camino
(2003) Francés, (2014) Francés, (2016) Portugués , (2016) Aragonés, (2018) del Norte to Primitivo,
I found a postcard that I bought in 2003 on my first camino, the Francés. The postcard shows northern Spain and a route marked as the "Camino de Santiago". It starts in Candanchú, then San Juan de la Peña, Javier, Burgos, León, Astorga, Ponferrada, Lugo, Santiago. I recognise that Candanchú is on the Aragonés, and San Juan de la Peña is a diversion from that route between Jaca and Puente la Reina de Jaca. But I've walked the Francés three times and never gone from Ponferrada to Lugo. From Lugo it's the Primitivo to Santiago. Does the route from Ponferrada to Lugo have a name?

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I think you meant from O Cebreiro - Pedrafita to Lugo.
I don't think there is a marked Camino there. The valleys are "occupied" by the highway A6 and must not be easy to perform a camino.

amancio

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
I found a postcard that I bought in 2003 on my first camino, the Francés. The postcard shows northern Spain and a route marked as the "Camino de Santiago". It starts in Candanchú, then San Juan de la Peña, Javier, Burgos, León, Astorga, Ponferrada, Lugo, Santiago. I recognise that Candanchú is on the Aragonés, and San Juan de la Peña is a diversion from that route between Jaca and Puente la Reina de Jaca. But I've walked the Francés three times and never gone from Ponferrada to Lugo. From Lugo it's the Primitivo to Santiago. Does the route from Ponferrada to Lugo have a name?
Aragonés, the Spanish end starts in Somport, San Juan de la Peña and Javier are actually detours. Joins Frances near Eunate. Beautiful late summer Camino

Bert45

Past OR future Camino
(2003) Francés, (2014) Francés, (2016) Portugués , (2016) Aragonés, (2018) del Norte to Primitivo,
Thanks to all who replied. Thanks especially to Martyduc for giving me a name. The cities/towns I mentioned are the only ones identified on the postcard. I walked from Lescar in 2018, and regret missing San Juan dlP. Google Maps indicates that you can walk from Ponferrada to Lugo, passing through Pedrafita (do Cebreiro) rather than O Cebreiro.

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads