• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Does this camino have a name?

Bert45

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2003, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2018, 2019
I found a postcard that I bought in 2003 on my first camino, the Francés. The postcard shows northern Spain and a route marked as the "Camino de Santiago". It starts in Candanchú, then San Juan de la Peña, Javier, Burgos, León, Astorga, Ponferrada, Lugo, Santiago. I recognise that Candanchú is on the Aragonés, and San Juan de la Peña is a diversion from that route between Jaca and Puente la Reina de Jaca. But I've walked the Francés three times and never gone from Ponferrada to Lugo. From Lugo it's the Primitivo to Santiago. Does the route from Ponferrada to Lugo have a name?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I think you meant from O Cebreiro - Pedrafita to Lugo.
I don't think there is a marked Camino there. The valleys are "occupied" by the highway A6 and must not be easy to perform a camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I found a postcard that I bought in 2003 on my first camino, the Francés. The postcard shows northern Spain and a route marked as the "Camino de Santiago". It starts in Candanchú, then San Juan de la Peña, Javier, Burgos, León, Astorga, Ponferrada, Lugo, Santiago. I recognise that Candanchú is on the Aragonés, and San Juan de la Peña is a diversion from that route between Jaca and Puente la Reina de Jaca. But I've walked the Francés three times and never gone from Ponferrada to Lugo. From Lugo it's the Primitivo to Santiago. Does the route from Ponferrada to Lugo have a name?
Aragonés, the Spanish end starts in Somport, San Juan de la Peña and Javier are actually detours. Joins Frances near Eunate. Beautiful late summer Camino

Thanks to all who replied. Thanks especially to Martyduc for giving me a name. The cities/towns I mentioned are the only ones identified on the postcard. I walked from Lescar in 2018, and regret missing San Juan dlP. Google Maps indicates that you can walk from Ponferrada to Lugo, passing through Pedrafita (do Cebreiro) rather than O Cebreiro.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back