• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dog tags

Waka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Having read in a previous thread about Dog Tags I thought to myself, what a good idea. Now I've never been the sort of guy that can wear anything around the neck (apart from the chain from my in house advisor). So on Friday I searched the net for an alternative, and low and behold came up with a company in the UK that do just what I was after. When I retired 12 years ago one of the first things I did was to remove my wrist watch, to me time meant nothing and I have to say 12 years later I've never missed it. The ID tag I choose is like a wrist watch strap with all the details on a stainless steel plaque. It has my name , contact details, nationality and my diabetic detail plus medication. Ordered Friday after noon and arrived Saturday morning.
I'm really pleased with the results, it gave me everything I wanted and now I feel more comfortable about walking the vdll on my own and knowing that if I should have a diabetic incident (which I had on my CF) hopefully this will help.
Also my in house advisor is more comfortable, that can't be a bad thing.

Just a little photo of the tag.

IMG_0291.jpg

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Having read in a previous thread about Dog Tags I thought to myself, what a good idea. Now I've never been the sort of guy that can wear anything around the neck (apart from the chain from my in house advisor). So on Friday I searched the net for an alternative, and low and behold came up with a company in the UK that do just what I was after. When I retired 12 years ago one of the first things I did was to remove my wrist watch, to me time meant nothing and I have to say 12 years later I've never missed it. The ID tag I choose is like a wrist watch strap with all the details on a stainless steel plaque. It has my name , contact details, nationality and my diabetic detail plus medication. Ordered Friday after noon and arrived Saturday morning.
I'm really pleased with the results, it gave me everything I wanted and now I feel more comfortable about walking the vdll on my own and knowing that if I should have a diabetic incident (which I had on my CF) hopefully this will help.

View attachment 49002
Now everytime you check the tag on your wrist you know what the "time of your life" is ;)

Isn't that good?

View attachment 49002
I like that - the only downside I can see is that we and the rest of the world now have your home phone number ;)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

View attachment 49002

Hola @Waka , great idea, do you have a link to the web site?? Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

View attachment 49002
There is a US company called RoadID that makes similar products. Bands available in subtle and vibrant colors to either attract attention or not.

Good idea! I'm on my second one from www.iceid.co.uk (is it bad form to mention the name?). I first wanted one when I was doing fell-running in sometimes rather lonely mountain places -- so they'd know who to call if my bloated corpse was found in a ravine or something ;-). It's useful for running races where one is sometimes expected to fill in emergency contact details on the back of your number -- I can just write "see wristband" instead.

There is a US company called RoadID that makes similar products. Bands available in subtle and vibrant colors to either attract attention or not.
I made my then 21 year old son wear a RoadID bracelet when he and his buddy biked from our home in Silicon Valley all the way up the West Coast to Vancouver, BC. Your loved ones will thank you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.