• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dogs

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
Does anyone have photos of people walking with dogs? I mentioned that I saw a couple of dogs carrying their own food etc and my lovely mum wants me to prove it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
This poor pooch had damaged paws. His owner constructed this contraption to ease his pain. If you build it ... !

Attachments

• dscn0689.jpg
    dscn0689.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In April 2016 I kept hearing about the "puppy man". He was Spanish and walking with his dog. Somewhere in the vacinity of Pamplona he had rescued a young puppy from a cold river. He told us that he was unsure that the puppy would survive, it was unconcious for 16 hours while he carried it next to his body. Finally it woke up very hungry and when we met was doing well. The man, his dog Arco and Iris the puppy camped out each night. The man's pack was extra large for all the dog food that he had to carry. Arco iris is a rainbow.IMG_0630 2.jpeg

The collapsed dog looks to be carrying more than 10% of his body weight.

Oh, let me put your minds at rest! Both dogs were rescue dogs and very fit and healthy. They were walking in the opposite direction, and the one dog took a rest while we stopped and talked. He jumped up and merrily continued on his way when we parted. The packs look big, but they weren’t heavy. Believe me, we checked!

Our new best furry friends we met a couple of times on the Aragones last year.
They were having a ball and the little one even got a ride when his legs got a bit too short 😀

Attachments

• F87A59F4-6B2C-41D2-B865-F582944DCF87.jpeg
    F87A59F4-6B2C-41D2-B865-F582944DCF87.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • D27A5756-1D22-43C8-B3A3-767B972E7131.jpeg
    D27A5756-1D22-43C8-B3A3-767B972E7131.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 49
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My buddy's 2 dogs got tired all the time so he was carrying them most of the time. He had over 70 pounds to carry. Not ideal ! 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181024-144747~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20181024-144747~2.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 46
Does anyone have photos of people walking with dogs? I mentioned that I saw a couple of dogs carrying their own food etc and my lovely mum wants me to prove it!

Hello Andy,

My son and I walked the Camino Frances June/July 2018, we met a lovely lady with her dog walking walking the same way as us. 👣 🐕 🌝

Attachments

• 1A71E07D-245A-4CFB-8A8F-1B4D97605FC8.jpeg
    1A71E07D-245A-4CFB-8A8F-1B4D97605FC8.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 39
Somewhere on the Meseta, July 2017.

Attachments

• EA2282F7-B09A-4056-BF8C-71012B20BD02.jpeg
    EA2282F7-B09A-4056-BF8C-71012B20BD02.jpeg
    558 KB · Views: 29
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
IMG_7533.jpeg Note rear right foot bandage ... they can get the hurts, too! In late Sept, after Astorga

Saw some pilgrim dogs but they were smaller size and didn't carry anything. Were running around being dogs, thats all. But I did see a dog that was riding a donkey.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I saw that last year. Donkey pulling half a car as well.

In April 2016 I kept hearing about the "puppy man". He was Spanish and walking with his dog. Somewhere in the vacinity of Pamplona he had rescued a young puppy from a cold river. He told us that he was unsure that the puppy would survive, it was unconcious for 16 hours while he carried it next to his body. Finally it woke up very hungry and when we met was doing well. The man, his dog Arco and Iris the puppy camped out each night. The man's pack was extra large for all the dog food that he had to carry. Arco iris is a rainbow.View attachment 50597
We met that exact guy one rainy day on the Meseta in early May 2016! Same two doggos, same story. The puppy was very busy playing "ambush" with the older dog, who was valiantly attempting to sleep (and being extremely tolerant). We gave him some extra food we had, for which he was grateful.

Attachments

• 20160509_135000_resized.jpg
    20160509_135000_resized.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Thank you @Lisa HS , for further news of The "Puppy Man" (I do not know his real name) and his much loved dogs Arco and Iris. We met them in Tosantos.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I mentioned that I saw a couple of dogs carrying their own food etc and my lovely mum wants me to prove it!

Please give us some feedback :D. What did your lovely mum think of the above photos???? :p:D

She was most impressed... Apparently I'm to take her dog on the next camino...
This will never happen!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.