• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Doing it in reverse?

Tedh

Haw anyone done this route from Logrono to Saragosa?

I'll hit Logrono toward end September and plan to turn south - this appears to be the only sort of trail heading that way.

Hopefully will then go onto the Southern French route to Italy (connecting routes that all end up on the Santiago way - eventually, sort of).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Tedh,

From Logrono you can turn south on Cami Catalan via Zaragoza with possible due south turn on Ruta del Ebro. Or you may return to Puente de la Reina and go south on Aragones and Cami Catalan via S.J.de la Pena. But if your general destination is Italy than Aragones (over Somport pass) and the Arles route is most conveniant way.

Ultreia!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Although I can not comment on these routes I did walk backward along the Portuguese Camino from Santiago to Tui/Valenca de Minho in December 2011.

To go backward is more complicated than you might think; searching for the famous yellow arrows pointing opposite your direction isn't easy especially in dense wood or high pasture. You must consider where it would have been logical to place a marker and then hunt for it!! Viewed backwards arrows resemble anchors. Thus it all becomes a bit of a treasure hunt! Be prepared!

Margaret Meredith

Thanks KO. Found the map. That's a good overview of the whole peninsula.

You too Margaret. I live in England. Decent signage of trails and paths is almost non-existent (there may be one or two that are OK - but I haven't found them) and often like what you say this is. So I'm used to that. My spine won't let me do huge long routes, so I will more than likely do as I am on the Frances (Pamplona to Logrono). A shortish section with around 2 weeks to do it in. This whole trip is a bit of a 'feeler'. Then I may go back to a section end and do some more next year - we shall see.

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.