• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

doing multiple caminos

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
leaving next week to do the Primitivo, Finisterre, and Ingles caminos.
Is it acceptable to use just one credencial for all three walks?

thanks,
Jeff
Yes. In 2019 I started on the Frances, then walked from León to Oviedo on the Camino del Salvador. From Oviedo I walked to the Norte to continue on to Santiago, then 4 more days to Finisterre all with the same credential.

Yes. In 2019 I started on the Frances, then walked from León to Oviedo on the Camino del Salvador. From Oviedo I walked to the Norte to continue on to Santiago, then 4 more days to Finisterre all with the same credential.
How many days total did you allow/take for this interesting combination?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked the Portugues on one credential, then in Santiago got the credential for the Camino Fisterre and walked it, bused back to Santiago and made my way to Pamplona and walked the Frances on yet another credential. Three in total. Only reason I used three was because simply not enough room on one. Ended up with three compostelas (Two for the Frances and the compostela for the Camino Fisterre).
That was my last Camino(s) prior to the pandemic. Had I visited a fortune teller and was told of an impending world changing virus I would have thrown away my airline ticket home and walked the Primitivo and Norte as well, lol.

Last edited:
You were able to get all your stamps on one credential?? As a natural worrier about certain things I always have two credentials just in case haha. Even though I almost never get more than one Sello until i hit the 100K mark.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You were able to get all your stamps on one credential?? As a natural worrier about certain things I always have two credentials just in case haha. Even though I almost never get more than one Sello until i hit the 100K mark.
Yes. I think that my credential had 45 spaces. I'm not a huge sello "collector," I only need one to record and remember each day, and I had no desire for a Compostela.

Yes. I think that my credential had 45 spaces. I'm not a huge sello "collector," I only need one to record and remember each day, and I had no desire for a Compostela.
I get my Compostela and why I don't know except that I have given a few away. Only the first one is really important to me. Especially because it was before they changed the Compostela. I can understand why you don't really care.

I get my Compostela and why I don't know except that I have given a few away. Only the first one is really important to me. Especially because it was before they changed the Compostela. I can understand why you don't really care.
If you do not want a compostela, why get in a line and get one? I really dislike being in lines ever since the military where it seemed like one was in a perpetual line for everything, especially onboard ship. No way would I wait in a line to receive a compostela if I did not want one. So many better things to do in SDC, and I'd feel like I was wasting the volunteer's time and efforts.
Hate to see this thread, a harmless one where the OP inquired about using one set of credentials for multiple Camino's, turn into an offensive, micro-aggressive "why I hate the compostela" thread. Probably should stick to the original subject.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you do not want a compostela, why get in a line and get one? I really dislike being in lines ever since the military where it seemed like one was in a perpetual line for everything, especially onboard ship. No way would I wait in a line to receive a compostela if I did not want one. So many better things to do in SDC, and I'd feel like I was wasting the volunteer's time and efforts.
Well you never have to worry that you will wait on line before me. As I usually arrive in the dead of winter and the last 3 times i got to the office I have walked right in and gotten it. My next arrival is scheduled for about December 15th.I have one framed, gave two to my daughters and the other two that I have will eventually be given away to friends. So I doubt I am wasting anyone's time. So don't sweat it. I also think after walking about 8 or 900k (at a minimum I deserve to get it and waste my time. Also maybe I think being in the Pilgrim Office is something I like to do when I am in SDC.
Oh yea the last two times I got there it was about 11:00AM and it was so busy I still got the free Pilgrim lunch at the Parador. You know the one that is given to the first 10 pilgrims that arrive in the office each day.

I have 3 compostelas, and a 4th residing in a memorial site in the Amazon jungle in Equador, as a gift (in vicario pro) to the parents of a native friend of our family who was murdered in Oslo. Bad story. I have stopped collecting them, so do not collect more than needed for the walks.

I managed to squeeze half of the Lana, the meseta, Salvador, Norte and Aragones all onto one credencial, 50 days of walking. Had I presented it at the pilgrims office it might have caused some head scratching as it soon lost all order and the sellos eventually just filled any available spaces left.
If you want to get a compostela with your credencial, try to make sure the pattern of sellos make sense, unlike mine!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have two compostellas and one distance certificate and although I have walked 6 various Caminos/routes I am not interested in collecting any more. This gives me the freedom and flexibility to not be bound by the required "last 100 k" walking in to Santiago. I ended the Primitivo in Lugo by choice and bussed to Santiago from there in order to spend more time on the coast afterward; I ended the Le Puy in Auvillar due to the time constraints of a friend and, have no regrets about either.

Last edited:
It sounds like you are doing three caminos each of which could qualify for a compostella at the end (I think…not positive about Finisterre-Muxia-SdC). If the goal is to get two or three compostellas (not sure that it is) I’d recommend two to three credentials because all the sellos may not fit on one, and having the last 100km split between two credentials may be a PITA to the volunteer at the Pilgrims office reviewing your sellos. And if you decide to frame them later you could have one for each Camino. Just my two cents. I glued together parts of several caminos and filled multiple credentials that showed the segments chronologically, but the only part that mattered for the compostella was the last 100km from Lugo and that’s the only part looked at by the guy at the desk If I were walking full caminos separately and in order I’d do a separate credential for each for ease at the pilgrims office and as a memento…if I’d only got one before leaving I’d pick up more on the way

Buen Camino!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Jeff B (sorry I'm a bit late to the discussion) - you can use one credential for all three caminos, but if you do you will only get one Compostela at the end. If you want three different Compostelas, one for each camino, then you will need 3 different credentials, and also probably have to make three different visits to the pilgrims office.

@Jeff B (sorry I'm a bit late to the discussion) - you can use one credential for all three caminos, but if you do you will only get one Compostela at the end. If you want three different Compostelas, one for each camino, then you will need 3 different credentials, and also probably have to make three different visits to the pilgrims office.
thanks. i'd pass on the compestela - no time between cities and have one from the CF, which is just sitting in it's 'container'.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
thanks. i'd pass on the compestela - no time between cities and have one from the CF, which is just sitting in it's 'container'.
I'm over them too, but some people seem to collect them. I do think they are worth the effort if I have walked with someone on my mind, and want a Compostela endorsed "vicarie pro" to take home to give to them or to someone who is grieving for them.

But for the FInisterre, you will only get a Compostela if you walk back to Santiago. You have to end up in Santiago to get the Compostela. To get the Finisterre certificate, if you continue on to Finisterre after the Primitivo or the Ingles, you can continue with the same credential.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.