• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Doing my Camino later in the year?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Worcester, South Africa
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2013 : Leon to Santiago
May 2015 : Portugal
I planned a Camino in May (from Caminha), but now planning on doing it later in the year.

Will August or September be a good time? Caronna depending.....

Thank you,
Johan

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I planned a Camino in May (from Caminha), but now planning on doing it later in the year.

Will August or September be a good time? Caronna depending.....

Thank you,
Johan
As my hopes are to go when booked in September I pray that all will be well then.
Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm really hoping so (I planned for May as well) but I doubt I will book anything else until I know for sure. I did need more time to prepare anyway, so I can wait, but I was really hoping for a 2020 Camino.
My friend and I had also planned for a Porto to Santiago Pilgrimage in May this year but obviously this must be postponed. We are also hoping it may be possible to do it in, maybe, September all being well.🙏🙏🙏

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Scientists are now saying that this plague will be with us until at least the spring next year.

There seems to be growing evidence that infection confers immunity to the virus. It will be interesting to see how this changes things as the immune population grows, but we must continue to protect those still vulnerable.

I have a reservation in Santiago for five nights around the New Year. I'm not cancelling it until I have to. Counting on St. James to pull a miracle out of his Scalloped-Shell hat.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There seems to be growing evidence that infection confers immunity to the virus. It will be interesting to see how this changes things as the immune population grows, but we must continue to protect those still vulnerable.
And we must remember that no one knows what their individual reaction to this virus will be.

This article is about a husband and wife, 71 and 67 years old who had wildly different symptoms when infected with the Covid-19 virus.

I talked with my good friend Jose Ramon & his mother in SdC yesterday. They run 3 hostals in the centre of the city. They have had all reservations cancelled (they were fully booked out August). They have had to let one of the hostals close down permanently in order not to go out of business completely. So, less beds in SdC. This will also happen all along the Caminos, IMHO. So next year, being a holy year, will truly be a bed race. No Camino for me next year, I am unhappy to say.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.