• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Domestic flights in Spain

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Camino

Time of past OR future Camino
As a Canadian about to fly domestically within Spain (Santiago to Barcelona), do I need to show any proof of vacination, testings or QR codes, or anything??

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You are in Spain now? If you have been there more than about 5 days, then your initial point of departure does not matter.
When your destination *will* matter is when you return home.
For now Canada still has a travel advisory against going anywhere "inessential" and so if we do travel, we must provide a proof of neg test within 72 hours of arriving back in Canada.
That means that if you are flying home from Barcelona, it will be better if you can get a test done there (if you have a long layover).
You have to account for the timezone changes when you do your 72 hour calculation.
For more on returning to Canada: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions
Here is information specific to departing from Spain to return to Canada: https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/spain
And here are the current travel regulations that apply to domestic travel within Spain and to foreign travel to/from Spain: https://www.aena.es/en/informationcovid19coronavirusairportsandflights.html

Yes, flying back to Canada next day from Barcelona and I already have a PCR rapid test booked...I'm OK to get back to Canada. I was just concerned about boarding the Vueling airlines flight from Santiago to Spain the day before; wondering if they need anything other than passport.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi! I live in Spain and recently flew from Bilbao to Madrid and there were no special checks in place for domestic travel. I was surprised by how easy it was, to be honest! Same with a Santiago to Bilbao flight earlier this summer. No issues and no extra checks whatsoever!

As a Canadian about to fly domestically within Spain (Santiago to Barcelona), do I need to show any proof of vacination, testings or QR codes, or anything??
I always say better safe than sorry. Have them with you that way if you need them you have them handy. If you don’t need them nothing is lost. Have a great Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What airline are you flying with from Barcelona to Canada? Is it direct?

Wondering about your pcr test. It looks like most flights leave early. Did you get it the day before?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
we land at 2 pm...and we scheduled a PCR rapid test for 4 pm....should get results within a few hours, then leave for Canada next day

I meant from Santiago to Barcelona above!!
We just flew from Santiago to Valencia via Ryan Air no covid test required they did not look at our vacination cert either. We were concerned as well so went to the Ryan air desk as soon as we got to the airport, they told us that there were no covid test requirements while flying within Spain.

For your return to Canada be aware that the timing of your pre-departure PCR test is linked to your scheduled departure time, not your arrival time in Canada. Here in France it can take up to 24 hours to get the results of a PCR test so arranging the timing of your test can be critical, especially if you have a layover on your journey home, or a weekend is involved as test results may be delayed.

Wishing you a Buen Camino and a smooth return to Canada!

From the Canadian government website:

When and where to get a negative pre-entry test result​

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a molecular test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

• If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

For your return to Canada be aware that the timing of your pre-departure PCR test is linked to your scheduled departure time, not your arrival time in Canada. Here in France it can take up to 24 hours to get the results of a PCR test so arranging the timing of your test can be critical, especially if you have a layover on your journey home, or a weekend is involved as test results may be delayed.

Wishing you a Buen Camino and a smooth return to Canada!

From the Canadian government website:

When and where to get a negative pre-entry test result​

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a molecular test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

• If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city

We fly out of Santiago on oct 28 to Paris and then oct 29 to Vancouver Canada. Should I book a PCR test in Santiago as concerned about the 72 hour window. Does anyone recommend a clinic for the test in Santiago and how long does it takes for results?

We flew from Santiago to Barcelona last week...one hour after landing in Barcelona, we had pre-booked our PCR test in the airport at "Eurofins" (check their website); I believe there is one at Santiago also. Or, prebook something inside Paris airport. The rapid PCR test is ready in an hour or two or the regualr one about 12 hours...we got ours in 6 hours. Next day we flew to Canada with all info required. Don't forget to fill out the ArriveCan info.

We flew from Santiago to Barcelona last week...one hour after landing in Barcelona, we had pre-booked our PCR test in the airport at "Eurofins" (check their website); I believe there is one at Santiago also. Or, prebook something inside Paris airport. The rapid PCR test is ready in an hour or two or the regualr one about 12 hours...we got ours in 6 hours. Next day we flew to Canada with all info required. Don't forget to fill out the ArriveCan info.
Oh I didn’t know there was a rapid PCR test for Canada! Impressive. What was your cost? Yup. Got the arrive can app ready to go. Thank you so much!

Rapid or regular...both are PCR and ok for Canada. Because we were overnighting in Barcelona, we took the regular one -- 6 hours later we had an email showing negative :). The regular one is cheaper, I think we paid about $70 each.

Rapid or regular...both are PCR and ok for Canada. Because we were overnighting in Barcelona, we took the regular one -- 6 hours later we had an email showing negative :). The regular one is cheaper, I think we paid about $70 each.
Hi, I can’t find the time it takes to get the results back on their website. 6 hours is great but it might take longer if there are many people. Do they guarantee the results back in a certain amount of time do you remember? Thanks 😊

Eurofins will say 2-3 hours for rapid test and 12 hours for regular; but again our regular took 6 hours. To be safe, get the rapid for about $20 more.

Thank-you Donny Camino! 🙏😊🐾
Unfortunately Eurofin do not have a lab in Santiago. Any other ideas. I do not speak Spanish and many of the clinics websites do not offer English translation.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Unfortunately Eurofin do not have a lab in Santiago. Any other ideas. I do not speak Spanish and many of the clinics websites do not offer English translation.
I just canceled an appointment with Life Clinic (info@lifeclinic.es) in Santiago.
I found it on a list of places that someone kindly posted. Can someone repost if you know where it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back