• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Don´t miss this! New Museo...

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
The Museo de Santiago y das Peregrinaciones has entered a new incarnation at the newly refurbished building off the Plaza da Platerias. I am proud to say that I was one of the first to see it after it opened its doors at 1:00 pm yesterday. I went back today. For anyone interested in the history of the Camino and in Compostela it is quite wonderful. You can even sit and watch a Virtual Camino on the del Norte, the Frances, Le Puy - St Jean pdp, the Mozarabe... It is all very touchy-feely and I loved it. They even ENCOURAGE you to take photos. I was in Seventh Heaven.
Back again tomorrow and don´t miss the wonderful view of the Torre do Reloj from the stairs, nor the medieval pilgrim who takes you into the city through the various gates! Made me feel decidedly Middle Aged!
T

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you so mush for this post. There is so much to see in Santiago that it can be difficult to make the decision on how to best use the three days that I stay after the camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I tell everyone now that I live in the fourteenth century! :wink:

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back