• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Donate your outfit

Azelia

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2018
CNorte 2018
Hi, just want to make suggestion that rather than burning the Camino clothes n shoes, these items can be easily dropped at a Caritas box.

Go to Rua de San Roque and look for Bodeguilla de San Roque cafe. Across from it there a big red box where one can donate stuff. You may not want the clothes anymore after wearing it for a month, but maybe other can still benefit from it. See the attached photo of the box.

Buen Camino

Attachments

• E078BB34-C19F-4922-82DE-DFB139BA8516.jpeg
    E078BB34-C19F-4922-82DE-DFB139BA8516.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm not sure many people actually burn their clothes. I hope not. It causes bush fires! :eek:
My Camino clothes get put to good use, I use them next time. :oops:
Same clothes on three Caminos so far.

But If I was not walking again, I would certainly give them to someone who could use them. :)

Hi,

I re-use my camino clothes. I have one pair of trousers and a fleece which have joined me on every camino since 2007! But if I would find out that some item of my outfit has not proved useful on my camino, I would certainly donate it, either in this box or in some albergue where they also have these boxes ("take what you need, leave what you do not want anymore").

In 2010 I was disgusted by watching people trying to burn the clothes which they had only worn for 100 km (or 200 km - if they actually walked to Fisterra). These things were still far better than many things other pilgrims wore. Taking into consideration that many young people who are unemployed or homeless "live" on the camino, I guess it is a sin to burn clothes not only from an environmental aspect.

BC
Alexandra

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Donating items in the Caritas boxes in Santiago is a great idea! I usually donate my usable items at Pilgrim House at Rua Nova #19. They maintain an active 'donativo' for all pilgrims and others in need.

The staff speak English and most are from North America.

I have donated good clothes / poles over the years by leaving them at the last albergue before we use a hotel as many a time we don't finish at SDC
However on returning home HRH can't believe i have continued to keep the old , loved , worn out , stitched-torn-stiched polo ...................for next time :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, just want to make suggestion that rather than burning the Camino clothes n shoes, these items can be easily dropped at a Caritas box.

Go to Rua de San Roque and look for Bodeguilla de San Roque cafe. Across from it there a big red box where one can donate stuff. You may not want the clothes anymore after wearing it for a month, but maybe other can still benefit from it. See the attached photo of the box.

Buen Camino
Thanks Azelia! As much as I have read & seen about the Camino over the last 8 years, this is the 1st I’ve heard of this. But I have heard of how you’re not supposed to burn your clothes & boots at Finisterre as it used to be customary. This is brilliant!

Thanks Azelia! As much as I have read & seen about the Camino over the last 8 years, this is the 1st I’ve heard of this. But I have heard of how you’re not supposed to burn your clothes & boots at Finisterre as it used to be customary. This is brilliant!

I don't think it was ever customary :(

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.