• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Done with Camino del Norte&Portuguese

JINWOO KWON

Time of past OR future Camino
portuguese
norte
came to Santiago yesterday.
Found the city itself kind of boring :)
I feel sorry for a group of Portuguese people whom I met on the road(said we should gather at the cathedral, but could not see them :( )
Weather was not good so far for the last few days.
So, way to go everyone!
Hope you all make it.
-Jinwoo kwon
from south korea

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It can be an anti-climax Jinwoo.
I always find that a trip to the restaurant at the corner of the Cathedral steps and ask for a glass of Rioja and a slab of Santiago cake always improves the experience immeasurably.
Congratulations on your dual camino.
Davie

Congratulation Jinwoo! At first I found it difficult to relax in Santiago after so many days full of walking. Now that I have been there many times I know the city pretty well and have my favorite spots to go and special people to visit so it is pretty easy to switch in to relaxation mode. It also helps me to Stop by and talk to the wonderful people at the Pilgrim House at Rúa Nova 19. They always make me feel welcome and we talk about walking the Camino and what it meant to me. It is a great place to relax too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It can be an anti-climax Jinwoo.
I always find that a trip to the restaurant at the corner of the Cathedral steps and ask for a glass of Rioja and a slab of Santiago cake always improves the experience immeasurably.
Congratulations on your dual camino.
Davie

BUT @Davie Blisters Santiago is in Galicia and the most appropriate wine for Jinwoo to accompany the cake would be Albarino (could be preceded by - or followed by - a shot of Oruzo of course):)

Please pilgrims give the wines of Galicia a try - there is more for oenophiles on the Camino than Rioja.

Congratulations Jinwoo! Enjoy the rest of your time in Spain. Interesting things to do in Santiago include going on a rooftop tour of the Cathedral (even if it's not in English you can go up and take photos), visiting the pilgrim's museum, visiting the Museo do Pobo Galego, catching a bus to the City of Culture complex (http://www.cidadedacultura.gal/en/visit-city-culture), walking around Alameda park and getting a view of the Cathedral from there, and of course trying its many cafes and restaurants. If you have a lot of time you can take a day trip up to La Coruña or Pontevedra.
Enjoy!
Faith

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
BUT @Davie Blisters Santiago is in Galicia and the most appropriate wine for Jinwoo to accompany the cake would be Albarino (could be preceded by - or followed by - a shot of Oruzo of course):)

Please pilgrims give the wines of Galicia a try - there is more for oenophiles on the Camino than Rioja.

Totally with you on this SEB, but it is a pure medical requirement for me to drink Rioja :D
I'm kicking off from Lisbon on 2 June, which reds are worth targeting to break my dependence?

Totally with you on this SEB, but it is a pure medical requirement for me to drink Rioja :D
I'm kicking off from Lisbon on 2 June, which reds are worth targeting to break my dependence?

Sorry @Davie Blisters but I don't know any names, but I do remember that a glass of vinho verde in Porto tasted better than any I have consumed in the UK. If you stay at Casa Fernanda you will sample many interesting versions of fire water with the evening meal and sleep very well that night. Bom Caminho

Sorry @Davie Blisters but I don't know any names, but I do remember that a glass of vinho verde in Porto tasted better than any I have consumed in the UK. If you stay at Casa Fernanda you will sample many interesting versions of fire water with the evening meal and sleep very well that night. Bom Caminho

Thanks SEB, I've noted Casa Fernanda on my Brierley and look forward to the 'Fire Water Challenge'. :D

I have given great thought to your comments regarding Albarino. Now the background to this is that my personality changes depending on the colour of liquid I imbibe. When drinking Red Wine I give off an aura of a relaxed, compromising individual (think David Cameron). Whereas, when drinking white wine I am confrontational and aggressive (think Kim Jong-un). However, I do recall drinking Albarino in Melide and Muxia as I would not dare eat Pulpo and Percebes with anything other than a dry white.
Bom Caminho
Davie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back