• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Don't worry about crowds on the Mozárabe

peregrina2000

Staff member
No, this is not a joke. I was a bit concerned yesterday when I saw some postings about the numbers of beds in albergues from Almería to Granada. We are a bunch of 6 forum members meeting up in Almería in April. So I wrote to both @alansykes and the amigos and got reassurances from both of them. Specifically, let me translate (rough translation) the response from Mercedes at the Almería association:

Laurie, don't worry. There is space for everyone; although our albergues are small there won't be a problem. We have had groups of as many as 10 walking. Our albergues are small (12 beds) but no pilgrim will ever go without a bed because in the towns there are also private options. When a lot of pilgrims coincide on this route, we get organized. Even if there were a huge number (imagine 40 pilgrims) we have spaces in places where we have agreements with the town halls so that no pilgrim goes without a bed. So don't worry about it. It is very important, and you should post it in the forum to inform all pilgrims walking from Almería to please contact us (the Almería association), either by facebook, or email. Tell us when you you will arrive in Almería and when you will begin the Camino. This will help ua to know how many pilgrims are walking and if it looks like there will be a space crunch, we can solve it ahead of time.

This camino is NOT "massified" and in the years that we have been active in this organization, only one day have there been 15 pilgrims at the same time in the same town.

So, come one, come all, we will be delighted to receive you!

A big hug, Mercedes

SO -- if you are going to walk the Mozárabe from Almería, it is a good idea to contact the association at this email address. almeriajacobea@gmail.com

Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, I'm Veronica secretary of the Mozarabe Association, it's true that there is no great capacity, the towns are small but we always get accommodation for all the pilgrims next to the town halls,just contact whith us when do you want program your Camino,we will help to you in everything....

www.almeriajacobea.es

and my telph number 0034 660229995

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Mozarabe from Almeria well signposted with hostels end of stage, good weather and the true essence of the origin of the Camino wonderful contrasts in the landscape and beauty from the south of Spain to the North Santiago

Hi, Veronica,
So happy to see you here on the forum! It would be fun to meet you in April if you are in town when our little groups meets up in Almería.

Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Last edited:
Hi, I'm Veronica secretary of the Mozarabe Association, it's true that there is no great capacity, the towns are small but we always get accommodation for all the pilgrims next to the town halls,just contact whith us when do you want program your Camino,we will help to you in everything....

www.almeriajacobea.es

and my telph number 0034 660229995
hi ,,, I will be arriving in Almeria on the 18th March 2018 and should start walking the Mozarabe on the 20th march ,,, will arrange to see you hopefully on the 19th ,,,thanks

A reminder to members to use personal messages (click on the person's avatar and "start a conversation") if you wish to exchange phone numbers or email. For security reasons these are not allowed in the public forum.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A reminder to members to use personal messages (click on the person's avatar and "start a conversation") if you wish to exchange phone numbers or email. For security reasons these are not allowed in the public forum.
dont worry my phon its on line for everybody thanks for you advertisment

As I walked the Mozarabe in April 2016, I can confirm that Mercedes and other members of the Almeria Amigos are wonderful. Mercedes had brought my credencial to my hotel in Almeria and in a long phone call told me everything I needed to know (in English). They have a WhatsApp group in which they inform each other on the progress of pilgrims so you will never arrive unexpected. Between Almeria and Granada I did not meet any other walkers, and between Granada and Merida about 10 people, two of them cyclists. So this is not a walk for people who expect crowds like on the Camino Frances.

My husband and I will also be starting from Almeria around April 20th. This is a very heart heartwarming and encouraging welcome to the Mozarabe! Can't wait to get started now... Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My husband and I will also be starting from Almeria around April 20th. This is a very heart heartwarming and encouraging welcome to the Mozarabe! Can't wait to get started now... Buen Camino.
niceeeee your wellcome!!very nice weather in this time!!

As I walked the Mozarabe in April 2016, I can confirm that Mercedes and other members of the Almeria Amigos are wonderful. Mercedes had brought my credencial to my hotel in Almeria and in a long phone call told me everything I needed to know (in English). They have a WhatsApp group in which they inform each other on the progress of pilgrims so you will never arrive unexpected. Between Almeria and Granada I did not meet any other walkers, and between Granada and Merida about 10 people, two of them cyclists. So this is not a walk for people who expect crowds like on the Camino Frances.
yes its a very diferent Camino than the others.....

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back