• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Doors

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
In another thread forum member @SabineP posted photo of a shed with elevator doors and that reminded me that I collect photos of interesting doors or gateways on all my journeys, hikings, holidays... The most beautiful doors I found in Estella left side on the main street when entering the town.

0324-doors in Estella (Lorca-Villamayor de Monjardin, 26.05.2009).jpg

I came across 8 doors that caught my eye but would be very nice to see some more from forum members.

0325-doors in Estella (Lorca-Villamayor de Monjardin, 26.05.2009).jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@wayfarer :) I recognized it immediately from the first picture because it's on my list too. Casa Roja of Albergue Casa Caracol. One of the most enjoyable stays on my CF. And an ideal stretch of 22kms next day to Burgos.
Some more pics of it attached.

Attachments

• 0694-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    0694-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 0689-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    0689-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    188 KB · Views: 51
  • 0690-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    0690-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    221 KB · Views: 50
  • 0693-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    0693-albergue Casa Caracol (Ages, 28.05.2011).jpg
    242 KB · Views: 51
Beautiful KinkyOne! I also have a thing for doors. Not as special as that one of yours from Estella but here are some doors from this summer along the Sanabrés. Most of them need some loving care.

23ll2lf.jpg

jt2z2a.jpg

1zx9p36.jpg

2evztcw.jpg

2nbyn1h.jpg

jaffcy.jpg

24b13dc.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Beautiful KinkyOne! I also have a thing for doors. Not as special as that one of yours from Estella but here are some doors from this summer along the Sanabrés. Most of them need some loving care.

Wow, quite a collection there @LTfit :) I esp. like last two!!!
Thanks!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Anyone remember this one???

Attachments

• 0016-door knob on Rue de Citadelle (St.Jean Pied de Port,18.05.2009).jpg
    0016-door knob on Rue de Citadelle (St.Jean Pied de Port,18.05.2009).jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 53
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oh, I wanted to make it as a riddle, but there's everything in the title of the photo itself :oops:

And this is a very special door (or part of). But it's not the door itself which is dear to me but what lies behind. I closed it to take the picture as it is always open.
Anyone recognize this one?

29yh6r6.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@Theatregal
Thank you! I was wondering for two and a half years now how is it up there. I was dead tired when coming to Castrojeriz and now I know that next time I'll do that additional climb :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Attachments

• 0626-Redecilla del Camino (Sto.Domingo de la Calzada-Viloria de la Rioja, 26.05.2011).jpg
    0626-Redecilla del Camino (Sto.Domingo de la Calzada-Viloria de la Rioja, 26.05.2011).jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 21
I also love doors, windows, entry ways whatever. The first was somewhere between Pamplona and Burgos (I know that's a lot of territory). The second one is not from northern Spain at all. I finished my pilgrimage sort of ended down in Sevilla where this photo of the door "handles" was taken...

DSCN1486.JPG DSCN1880.JPG

History in Obanos. Now I regret I didn't take closer pic of that coat of arms.

Attachments

• 0256-house in Obanos (Uterga-Lorca, 25.05.2009).jpg
    0256-house in Obanos (Uterga-Lorca, 25.05.2009).jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 18
So I'm not the only one taking pictures of doors
Here are mine from Camino Francés, Let's see if you can recognize them. Have written the places in the end.
Camino+Frances+2013-Day3-13.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day4-18.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day4-20.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day5-31.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day8-23.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day8-30.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day8-32.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day8-37.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day9-14.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day10-9.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day11-21.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day14-24.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day15-13.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day15-14.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day16-13.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day16-25.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day19-35.jpg

Camino+Frances+2013-Day23-23.jpg

1. Iglesia de Santa María de Eunate, Eunate
2. Iglesia del Santo Sepulcro, Estella
3. Shop in Estella
4. A house in Logroño
5. House in Atapuerca
6. Barn in Atapuerca
7. House in Atapuerca
8. Church in Atapuerca
9. San Lesmes, Burgos
10. Wall in Castrojeriz
11. Door detail Monasterio de Santa Clara, Carrión de los Condes
12. Catedral de León, León
13. House in Hospital de Órbigo
14. House in Vilares de Órbigo
15. Catedral de Astorga, Astorga
16. House in Santa Catalina de Somoza
17. Inside Monasterio de San Julián de Samos
18. This one you should recognize, it is in the end of the journey :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
So I'm not the only one taking pictures of doors
Here are mine from Camino Francés, Let's see if you can recognize them. Have written the places in the end.

Huh, tough one. I managed to recognize only 02-Estella and 12-Leon. Quite a task!!! :)

Something went wrong when posting answer to @BeatriceKarjalainen 's post:

"Huh, tough one. I managed to recognize only 02-Estella and 12-Leon. Quite a task!!! :)"

Thanks for posting those beautiful pics!!!

The last one is the cathedral i SdC :)
Something went wrong when posting answer to @BeatriceKarjalainen 's post:

"Huh, tough one. I managed to recognize only 02-Estella and 12-Leon. Quite a task!!! :)"

Thanks for posting those beautiful pics!!!
Thanks.
I have way markers from most of the towns where I could found a special marking in the way, maybe I should post them as well :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
OK, what about this? ;)

Attachments

• Where.jpg
    Where.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 24
The last one is the cathedral i SdC :)

Thanks.
I have way markers from most of the towns where I could found a special marking in the way, maybe I should post them as well :)

New thread??? :D
I have at least two more ideas.........

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sahagún? (I have nooooo idea :) )
Najera :)

That's so nice what we're doing here on this forum, this way I put myself back on the trail over and over again. I have such longing for (whichever) Camino that I almost feel like sick :oops:

Thanks to all you posters!!!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hey, I just noticed how old this thread is, but fun to see as the doors never go out of date!😂

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Fun to see postings of "my doors" from years ago! After almost 10 years walking Caminos, I have to admit that I have pretty much stopped taking pictures of doors.
Could say almost the same but better ecplanation in my cade would be that I don't take as many photos of them as I used to. Partly because i can do them even in my village or my hometown, partly because i have a feeling of deja vu and partly because I'm really much more inte the light and details more than age of the door as such. But I still photograph them :)

Most read last week in this forum

One of my favorite websites for both food and cultural information around the world is Cultural Backstreets. As your Portuguese Camino may have you starting in or going through Porto, I though you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.