• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Downloadable Printable Maps of the Via Francigena

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, is it possible to download printable maps of the Via Francigena? I am just looking at the section between Gambassi Terme and Siena at the moment. I am seriously technologically challenged, so it has to be an “easy to do” download. I have the Cicerone Guide as a Kindle App on my smartphone, but the maps are not detailed and would be almost useless on the road. Besides, I prefer a hard copy version that I can keep folded up in my pocket, and which is readable in direct sunlight. Thanks so much! Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Great, many thanks! I’ve copied the map squares from the pdfs to separate Word documents, and then printed the Word docs, rather than print all the advertising bumpf and pictures in the pdfs as well.

The map is showing a different route between San Gimignano and Monteriggioni to what Cicerone gives, which suggests going via Colle di Val d’Elsa, as although that has more tarmac it’s 7km less than the map route, and much less hillier. Do you remember which way you went? Jill

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I followed the map route and signposts. I didn't have a guide book and the route I took passed a few km south of Colle di Valle d'Elsa. There are some hills along that stage but nothing very long and steep. Quite straightforward. An interesting mix of woodland, vineyards and farmland in that section.

Most read last week in this forum

Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back