• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Downloand camino to your GPS

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The Castilla-Leon ICAL will advertise the Camino Frances with the design of a tourist route for GPS navigators, such as Tomtom, Garmin or Windows Mobile, Which can be downloaded for free from the tourist portal of the regional government ( http://www.turismocastillayleon.com) This will be one of the major developments that will present the regional government in the next edition of International Tourism Fair (FITUR) that next Wednesday, January 20th, will open its doors on its 30th anniversary.

Although this is the first, the intention is to go coming together, little by little, the other major routes of Castile and Leon, as explained by Iocal Sources of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, said adding that with this initiative, the region becomes in the "first Spanish autonomous community in using GPS technology for tourism promotion.

Indeed, the Camino de Santiago passes through Castilla y Leon and the Museum of Human Evolution, Which this year will open in Burgos, will be the highlights of the Community's offer at the fair. Until Sunday 24 January, the region will yield a set of proposals to bring thousands of potential tourists, businesses and groups to the regional level, Although this year will have a smaller space, the pavilion of 2.180 square meters is reduced by 40 percent due to the economic crisis.

In addition to the Camino de Santiago and the Museum of Human Evolution, there will be six product lines: the 1,100 anniversary of the Kingdom of Leon, the International Arts Festival of Castilla y Leon, rural .

Data on the roads to Santiago in Castille-Leon support Promoting the importance of these routes within Castile and Leon. Thus, for the months of June, July and August this year 2009 show that 35.323 pilgrims crossed the Community, 25.9 percent more than the same period of 2008. Moreover, the number of overnight stays in June-August period of 2009 was 360.429 representing an increase of 27.7 percent over 2008, and the mean duration of sojourn in Castile and Leon stood at 7.8 days, while in the same period in 2008 was seven days.
These figures amount to the revenue generated by the Camino de Santiago in Castille and Leon in this period were higher than the 11.6 million euros, 6.37 percent more than the same period last year, when something more than 10.9 million.

http://www.laopiniondezamora.es/castill ... 10848.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
More on this subject:

Castilla y Leon is the first Spanish Autonomous Community to offer a free facility to load GPS navigators TomTom, Garmin or mobile phones with Windows Mobile, to scenic routes of the Camino de Santiago French as it passes through the region.

Users can now download them on the website and the portal http://www.turismocastillayleon.com http://www.turismoespañagps.com all stages of the route as it passes through Castilla y Leon.

On the itinerary are located the main landmarks, architectural monuments and archaeological sites near the road and all localities having shelters. Thus, the pilgrims may, not just follow the route thanks to GPS, but have complete information on their mobile browser of each outstanding tourism resources and items that need host along its route.

The only requirement for the discharge is to register on the portal with a username and password. After verifying the email, the pilgrims will get their 'card router' and you can download the full path, the various stages of the Way and all the attractions that interest enriched your GPS device.

The process to download the route is to choose the type of device, 'click' on the download button and connect the GPS to the computer terminal. It can also be done directly with the mobile web by http://www.turismoespañagps.com / rutasmovil

GPS positioning and the "complete information" provided by the Board will assist the pilgrims to "not miss a detail of the Camino de Santiago French as it passes through Castile and Leon."

Actions to be undertaken by the Board of St James for the Year 2010 includes the pilgrim Care Plan which will include performances in emergencies, management of trees along the road, upgrading of rural roads, signage, building a bridge in Bridge Villarente (Leon), a health monitoring plan, and the program 'Pharmaceutical Amigo .

It also will launch the initiative "The road of tomorrow today ', which offers teachers and students as supportive interactive teaching resource website' The Roads to Santiago Castilla y León '

On the other hand, is on The Way of Stars Program in collaboration with other regions of the French Way, and includes actions such as 'Milestones of the Way', open Jacobean Heritage Program, the cycle of concerts of orchestras that are based in communities along the French Way, theatrical performances pilgrimage Corsair Theater and musical.

Similarly workshops will be organized on the road through the Confraternity of the Falifos, The Order of St. Anton and the Camino de Santiago in Castille and Leon has edited a literary guide to the Camino de Santiago by Castile and Leon, and promotions take place in New York, Paris and Brussels.

I'd be happy if they would just give a good GPS route through Burgos!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.