• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Dublin to Santiago.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Did not remember the walk into Villa França being so hard.
Welcome to the "I don't Remember This Being So Hard Club!" That was my response to 20km days of totally flat walking on a camino in Belgium. It's been a while, and I think we may all need hefty doses of patience. 😉

Buen Camino @MickMac !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Climb to O, Cebriero, A terrible beauty is reborn, tough as nails in the heat. Never again shall we meet. Staying in Fronfria in the magnifent Casa Núñez Miguel's a diamond host stay if you can.
Anyone know what the fungus? is on trees.

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_114257.jpg
    IMG_20220505_114257.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20220505_082903.jpg
    IMG_20220505_082903.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220505_081745.jpg
    IMG_20220505_081745.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220505_091511.jpg
    IMG_20220505_091511.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220505_111135.jpg
    IMG_20220505_111135.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 30
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've walked the Camino Frances twice and my two regrets were not taking the turn offs to both Samos, and earlier to Eunate.
Chrissy,

I was exactly the same it's a walk beside river only sound babble of the water, I thought it was people talking, but not many still take this route.
Now I understand that expression.
Arrived in Samos around 13.00 hrs, booked Licerio which recently changed hands, hard to get meal in evening but found the best meal of this Camino and great restaurant called A Viega, superb meal of the day, highly recommend 20.00 hrs serving.
I digress, very hot day, good amount of pilgrims walking not
massive, Fronfria was great staying in Albergue Casa Nunez that is a working farm.
Steeply down hill to Tricastela through lots of the most beautiful countryside and farmland, very tough decent.

View attachment VID_20220506_083937.mp4

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It is indeed a lichen.
It’s a great indicator of air purity … we have it on the trees in our garden, though not in quite the quantity shown on your photograph, @MickMac !
Wow 🤔 does it kill trees it was every where on the climb to O, Cebriero we thought it was the end for the beautiful forests.

Wow 🤔 does it kill trees it was every where on the climb to O, Cebriero we thought it was the end for the beautiful forests.

No!!
Lichens feed via photosynthesis.
They are slow-growing and are often not noticed until the tree is fairly old and its bark is not being ‘replaced’.
Also, older trees let more sunlight through; lichens need the sun’s light to survive.

They do not feed on the trees … the relationship between them is mutually beneficial 🙂

In fact, if you try to remove it, you’d expose the tree bark to pathogens!

(You didn’t, did you? 😉)

Last edited:
No!!
They are slow-growing and are often not noticed until the tree is fairly old and its bark is not being ‘replaced’.
Also, older trees let more sunlight through; lichens need the sun’s light to survive.

They do not feed on the trees … the relationship between them is mutually beneficial 🙂

(You didn’t, did you? 😉)
No!!

(You didn’t, did you? 😉)
Definitely not felt sorry for them in their prime, great knowledgeable update China.
🌱.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Looks like the 'typical' meant to be funny postcard showing a flock of sheep in Scotland or Ireland, titled Traffic Jam! Nice weather by the look of it. Another typical topic... buen camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Looks like the 'typical' meant to be funny postcard showing a flock of sheep in Scotland or Ireland, titled Traffic Jam! Nice weather by the look of it. Another typical topic... buen camino.
Flock of sheep you say here is the start.Big sheep in Galicia.
IMG-20220508-WA0010.jpg

On my way from Dublin Airport this morning 45 mins delay at security. Traveling onto Ponferrada by train tomorrow.
Mick - where do you land in Spain, and how are you then getting to Ponferrada? Looking at starting there later this year. Finding it tricky to get to if you've got any tips/insight.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back