• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dudas cerca de la ruta del Camino del Norte (Doubts about the Norte)

• Thread starter Former member 83573
  • Start date
F

Former member 83573

He leido que esta ruta sigue la autovia. De hecho esta al lado del trafico. Queria tomar otra ruta que el Camino Frances.
¿Tiene alguien experiencia con el Camino del Norte con avisos sobre las difuicultades?

Translation by a moderator: I have read that this route follows the superhighway, alongside traffic. I want to walk something other than the Francés. Does anyone have advice on the Norte’s difficulties?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Si prefieres el norte del país, hay el Primitivo que pasa por las montañas. Hay un poco de caminando por la calle pero las vistas son increibles y es muy tranquila. Buen camino :)

Hay partes del Norte al lado de la carretera pero la mayoria anda por caminos pequenos o al borde del mar. Y puedes desviar hasta el camino primtivo- que tambien tiene sus tiempos al ladp de carreteras. Pero los dos son increibles!

There are parts of the northern route along roads, but the majority goes on small roads or along the coast. And you can detour onto the primitivo which also has some road walking. But both are incredible!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I loved the Norte and Primitivo. I think the highway road walking was very minimal and did not seem dangerous to me (and no walking on 'super highways' that I recall). The country roads were very nice with no traffic, and the paths wonderful....Go, you will not be dissappointed!

Si prefieres el norte del país, hay el Primitivo que pasa por las montañas. Hay un poco de caminando por la calle pero las vistas son increibles y es muy tranquila. Buen camino :)
L. Thanks for your attention. I am totally new to forums and e-communication of this sort. I hope to learn as much as I can before my wife and I embark on our trip - in mid April '19. She will not do all the walking that I do, but some anyway. My 'Norte concerns' are partially prompted my positive experience on the frances (sorry my accents have vanished) 20 years ago. R de F

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
He leido que esta ruta sigue la autovia. De hecho esta al lado del trafico. Queria tomar otra ruta que el Camino Frances.
¿Tiene alguien experiencia con el Camino del Norte con avisos sobre las difuicultades?

Translation by a moderator: I have read that this route follows the superhighway, alongside traffic. I want to walk something other than the Francés. Does anyone have advice on the Norte’s difficulties?

@Roger de Flor , I suggest you read some of the alternatives discussed in this post: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/coastal-alternatives-to-the-nortes-asphalt.49578/
We are currently on the Norte, and we are managing to stay away from the autovia.
My other suggestion is to make your own stages, don't follow the 'official' stages.

Buen Camino

I appreciate the responses. My interest was to do a different 'camino' after Roncesvalles to Santiago 20 years ago. I will start in Donostia, go to Gijon - and with your advice take alternate routes that are more adventurous and interesting. The to the Primitivo. I have the guide for the Norte and will take advantage of its advice. Euskal Herria and Asturias really call me to learn. Les agradezco a todos por el interes. Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.