• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dumbria focuses on Camino tourism

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Camino de Santiago and Xallas river, great attractions Dumbría

Ézaro Waterfall, one of the great attractions - PHOTO: J. Trillo
JESUS ​​TRILLO | 04/01/2013

The City Council of Dumbría is focusing its main efforts to promote tourism in the Camino de Santiago and the river Xallas. The mayor, José Manuel Little, is very clear that the township has in the Pilgrim's great potential, "Ai atopemos we intensely na traballando recovery and post millennial journey deste value".

The town of Santiago de Olveiroa is becoming the icon of this extension Jacobean, which takes walkers up and Muxía Fisterra. This small village, half-abandoned years ago, now has two paths pilgrim hostels and guesthouses, offering all year a large Jacobean atmosphere.

Conscious development is experiencing the pilgrimage in the area, the City Council continues dumbriés improvement projects on this stretch. So much so that, in short, will begin with the construction of an Information Centre at Pilgrim Hospital, funded by Agader and with an investment of € 200,000.

Also, through a school obradoiro, developed jointly with the neighboring municipality of Mazaricos, will take place recovery Logoso people and building a small plaza at the entrance to Olveiroa.

El Camino, considered the ruler, Small Castro, "and a two-level nosos fundamentais piares tourism and manganese traballando imos follow".

Another of the great resources of the municipality is the potential of the river Xallas, with the star element Ézaro spectacular waterfall at the foot of Mount Pindus. This is one of the most visited places in Costa da Morte, seeing the influx of tourists increased since the goal was Ézaro viewpoint of one of the stages of the Tour of Spain. Aerial images, seen in Spain and other countries, have been a great promotion to this enclave of unparalleled natural beauty. The Ponte Olveira shelter is another possibility offered by the environment Xallas.
Chrome translation of:
http://www.elcorreogallego.es/terras-de ... ia-784200/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Correo Gallego: Ask an educated human being to publish a decent translation
They are blameless. I suspect they don't care about translating articles into English, perhaps thinking that it is the reader's responsibility to know Spanish! Google Chrome automatically translates pages that come up in a "foreign" language, and the translations often do little more than allow the reader to get the basic message in the original. I have simply posted the automatic Chrome translation.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Perhaps this new approach fostering Camino tourism within Dumbria may have been partly inspired by the recent success of their pilgrim albergue. Opened in 2010 it is an elegant structure. I stayed there exactly 3 weeks ago during a truly horrific rainstorm. Outside the wind was visious but inside inside all was wonderfully HEATED and sleekly state of the art. If these additional projects are similarly successful Dumbria should tempt many more pilgrims.

We have now stayed in Dumbria on 2 occasions and have loved the albergue .
It is a wonderful albergue and i love the way pilgrims are questioned before admission.
About time.

It will succeed because the worlds 5th richest man is putting his money into the village of Dumbria.
He financed this modern albergue and it's a pleasure to use it.
The effort going into Muxia is also great because we have found these two towns with the solitude a great way to finish .
Less crowds , all walkers carrying and with a big emphasis on serenity.
Love this way.
David

I will echo the praise of the Dumbria albergue. Though it's a little over the top in terms of its architectural features, it is clean, modern and comfortable. I believe it was financed by the family that owns the Zara store chain, is that right, David?

For those who want to get to Muxia in three days, the Dumbria albergue offers a great way to shorten the last day. Day 1 -- from Santiago to the private albergue in Vilaserio (maybe 30/32?). Then day 2 to Muxia is quite do-able, especially because there are many good rest stops along the way -- Olveiroa is a nice place with several cafe/bars -- I think it's maybe 28 or 29 kms from Vilaserio. Day 3 into Muxia is then a walk in the park.

The Dumbria albergue is located right next to the municipal sports complex, where there is a bar/cafe and free internet. The sign on the door of the albergue says "opens at 3 pm" (or 4?), so I dutifully sat around, washed my clothes in the outdoor sinks and waited for opening time. When the guy came down to sign me in, he told me I should have just gone in because the albergue was open. So give the door a try if you get there before official opening time. The town doesn't have much in the way of facilities, a bar or two and a small grocery, but is certainly meets our basic food needs.

Maybe the construction of this new information kiosk in Hospital described in this article (which is where the Muxia and Finisterre routes split) will encourage more traffic in the Muxia/Dumbria direction.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back