• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dumbria?

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
When i walk from Santiago - Muxia i would like to stay in Dumbria to split the way into 4 days. I know there is albergue there but is there bar and shop also?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When i walk from Santiago - Muxia i would like to stay in Dumbria to split the way into 4 days. I know there is albergue there but is there bar and shop also?

Hi, yes, a small place: Mesón O Argentino. Their opening hours are: 1–3PM and 6:30–10PM. It’s a restaurant, a small shop, and I think they have a few rooms as well. The Xunta albergue in Dumbria is really nice.
Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola, AML,

Can only second previous two posts. I did SdC - Muxia last year and it was ideal four almost equal in distance stages (SdC - Negreira - Sta.Marina - Dumbria - Muxia).
Coming to Dumbria albergue is kind of a shock after coming out of a short stretch through the forest (see attached photos - investigate interior yourself ;)). Plenty of space, very clean, some equipments in the kitchen, bar with adjacent shop some 200mts along the road (both closed on Sundays!!!), all in all very pleasant experience.

Ultreia!

Attachments

• Coming to Dumbria albergue.jpg
    Coming to Dumbria albergue.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Dumbria albergue.jpg
    Dumbria albergue.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 33
Hola, AML,

Can only second previous two posts. I did SdC - Muxia last year and it was ideal four almost equal in distance stages (SdC - Negreira - Sta.Marina - Dumbria - Muxia).
Coming to Dumbria albergue is kind of a shock after coming out of a short stretch through the forest (see attached photos - investigate interior yourself ;)). Plenty of space, very clean, some equipments in the kitchen, bar with adjacent shop some 200mts along the road (both closed on Sundays!!!), all in all very pleasant experience.

Ultreia!

Hi KinkyOne,
I plan doing the same stages as you did last year. I have walked this route before 2 years ago but I didn't stop or stay in Dumbria, I do remember seeing the albergue though but don't remember much else about Dumbria.
Ive looked at my schedule and it looks like I will be in Dumbria on a Sunday!! You reckon all shops/bars closed then??
Aidan

Ive looked at my schedule and it looks like I will be in Dumbria on a Sunday!! You reckon all shops/bars closed then??
Aidan
This year hospitalera in "Albergue Sta.Marina" (the one on the national road) in Sta.Marina told me this. It was experience of a pilgrim who was returning from Muxia to Santiago a week before I was there, so can't really vouch for the info.
But you know how it is in small villages where owners of the store usually live in the same house and if they are home it's very likely that you would be able to buy something.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi KinkyOne,
I plan doing the same stages as you did last year. I have walked this route before 2 years ago but I didn't stop or stay in Dumbria, I do remember seeing the albergue though but don't remember much else about Dumbria.
Aidan

Try emailing the city hall and asking for info. I usually get a useful response when I do this with small towns: correo@dumbria.dicoruna.es

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, maybe you could get someone to phone MesĂłn O Argentino, when you are in Santiago, to ask if they are open on Sundays:

Tel/Fax: +34 981 744051

Jill

Hi, maybe you could get someone to phone MesĂłn O Argentino, when you are in Santiago, to ask if they are open on Sundays:

Tel/Fax: +34 981 744051

Jill

Thanks Jill, I appreciate your help. :)

The sports centre,which you can use if staying at the albergue,has a bar which had snacks and will probably be open on a sunday.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi KinkyOne,
Aidan

Something is typically open in DumbrĂ­a on Sunday. I was there on a Sunday when there were fiestas in a nearby town and posted about it here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...o-provides-do-you-have-one.37433/#post-361756

If we didn't go hungry on a day where everything was shut up tight, I can't imagine you will either.
(The date of the fiesta was around July 21).

Buen camino, Laurie

Laurie, That's quite an experience you had in Dumbria. The Camino provided for you that day for sure......great to have the memories:)

Laurie, That's quite an experience you had in Dumbria. The Camino provided for you that day for sure......great to have the memories:)
Indeed! And we should pay it forward at least here if not elsewhere.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back