• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

DVD Video on the Camino

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I bought a new DVD on the camino and it arrived today from Spain.
The DVD Video - "El Camino de Santiago - no un camino de rosas" (not a way of roses) interviews pilgrims of different nationalities as well as those who work on the camino - a priest, hospitaleros etc., It's running time is about 50 mins and then there is a fotographic gallery of still pictures, director biography, etc
For those of you who walked your camino before October 2002, there is a poignant interview with the daughter of a camino legend - Felisa from just outide Logrono, who used to sit at a table outside a ramshackled farmhouse, offering "Higos, Agua y Amor" - Figs, Water and Love" as well as a sellos in return for a donation. (Felisa died at age 92 in October 2002).
The DVD is available directly from the producers at: http://www.freehighway.org

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
DVD on the Camino

I have just connected to their site and found a mini video of the DVD on their web page. I am listening to it as I type this.
Check it out!

Camino DVD

Great a recommendation for a film about the Camino, such films help one to fondly relive the experience of the 'way' and give friends and family some idea of what we undertook. Of course they are equally useful for those who want a taste before going. Thus I am tempted to also recommend a DVD, 'Within the Way Without'. This is the DVD of a full length film shot by Larry Boulting - one of the famous Boulting Brothers family - and narrated by Sir Richard Attenborough. Like the film Sill has mentioned this too is well worth watching. It is available in the bookshop of the CSJ website - links from this site. Pilgrim

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I too highly recommend "No un camino de rosas". It's wonderful; it's one of the only sources I've seen that specifically aim to sum up the "why?" of the camino - why people do it, why does it exist, why is it so popular etc.

I ordered it here in England and it arrived from Spain within a week. It's now doing the rounds of all my friends in my mission to spread the word of the camino.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back