• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Each day is life itself

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Each day we get up. If a child we go to school. If adults we work (all being equal). Then we have some "free" time.
In our lives we go to school until adults, then we spend years working until retirement (again all being equal).
So I have been thinking one reflects the other. If the day starts at 6am we go to school until 9am and then work until 5pm and then have the ."free" time. If each hour equates to 6 hours 9am equates to 18 years old (the start of adulthood? - yes you can debate that). So 5pm is 66 years old. So after that is retirement. (yes I know you can argue different timescales, but you get the idea?) Now some stay up later than others and some have a longer life than those less fortunate. Who knows how long? So don't put of that longed for Camino! GO! NOW!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I knocked off work about 3 o'clock and sat on a sofa until just before 5pm. Then I went outside and discovered a path which leads to many places. It is so wonderful I don't want to leave it but there are sometimes other things to be done. However, I am sure this path is my journey to midnight: I am changing and losing fears, finding a love for all people. I can face the demons inside me with courage and know that if the next moment is hard or painful that, in the next few steps, I will have grown a little bit more, be a bit more wise or humble. There are many others on this path, all going in the same direction.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I started doing the calculations but keep forgetting the numbers. Then I remember the numbers but can't work out the time. Now I'm not sure why I need to know the time.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back