A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Easiest walk

• Thread starter Deleted member 59555
  • Start date

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
Or how about Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago? I think it is quite easy. You may have already walked this though.

Davey

D

Deleted member 59555

Then you will know that it is the Camino Frances from Sarria. No serious hills, no tricky navigation, more accommodation and refreshment opportunities than anyone could possibly need and it is "official".
Thank you for your reply Yes I agree I am trying to get my wife to do it but she dont do hills.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
There are a couple of quite steep, rocky stretches on the Tui to Santiago Camino but you could arrange for your wife's rucksack to be transported then those stretches will be more manageable.

Mooncat9

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese 2016/ coastal portugeuse April 2018
Just returned from walking the coastal from Porto 270kms. But by doing the walk from Vigo you can get your Compostela and it's a lovily walk . I don't do hills either very well but managed this . If I can do it so can your wife. It was my second camino and my husband's 5th.

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
I don´t remember any big uphills from Tui onwards... Easy walk and great food :)
Although I enjoyed the Portuguese side of this trail more (between Porto and Valenca).

jennysa

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2011,2012 2013,2014, 2015 Aragones 2012, 2017 2018 Via Francigena 2016,2017 Primitivo 2018,2019
From Lugo to Santiago, joining the CF at Melide. Very easy.

CAJohn

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Sept/Oct 2019
Having just completed the Frances from SJPDP, there are plenty of hills from Sarria. It is essentially all hills. Now, they may seem minor to those who did the Pyrenees, Foncebadón and O Cebreiro. But for those starting in Sarria without that perspective, they may seem daunting.

We were at lunch the other day. A 20 something, tall, fit young man from London was sitting at the table next to us talking about how hard that last part was right before we got to the lunch site. The three of us in our late 50s and 60s honestly had no idea of what he exactly he was pointing to is being so difficult. Just saying.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Having just completed the Frances from SJPDP, there are plenty of hills from Sarria. It is essentially all hills. Now, they may seem minor to those who did the Pyrenees, Foncebadón and O Cebreiro. But for those starting in Sarria without that perspective, they may seem daunting.

We were at lunch the other day. A 20 something, tall, fit young man from London was sitting at the table next to us talking about how hard that last part was right before we got to the lunch site. The three of us in our late 50s and 60s honestly had no idea of what he exactly he was pointing to is being so difficult. Just saying.
Yup, it's all relative!

Peter Wright

Walking to stay young
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese Porto to Santiago Sept/ Oct (2019)
I finished the Camino Portuguese inland route from Porto on 9 October. I recall that the steepest highest, rocky hill (405m) was between Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes. From Tui I found the small hills very easy. I am 69 and apart from a few long training walks in the previous few months, had not walked with a backpack since military training 50 years ago.

sugargypsy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019
In progress: CP 2020 and/or CI
Yes I agree I am trying to get my wife to do it but she dont do hills.
Why don't you check the etapas of the Portugese on Gronze.com ;). I just looked them up, from Tui - as far as I could see - the highest height difference was about 250 meters.

When I left for the Frances this summer, I did the same - height differences were of course a bit different - and found comparables routes in my area which I walked to assure myself that I could do the Frances, because I was sort of afraid that I wouldn't be able to do some parts.

That was a good test as well as warm-up for me and I was fine on the Frances. Maybe you and your wife could do the same.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2016), Norte (2017), Portuges (2018), Mozarabe (2019), Primitivo (2019), Via de La Plata (2
Can anybody tell me of the easiest walk that will get the compastella and yes I have walked the Francis three times.
Last year I walked the Camino Portugues from Tuy to Santiago in 5 days. Normally it's a 6 day day Camino but we were under time pressure so we did Tuy to Redondela (33km) on the first day, which was a bit of a slog in 33 degrees C. Other than the 4 km climb into Redondela it was a pretty flat walk. It was very well signed and the albergues on the way were really good. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock