• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Easiest walk

• Thread starter Deleted member 59555
  • Start date
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Or how about Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago? I think it is quite easy. You may have already walked this though.

Davey

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Then you will know that it is the Camino Frances from Sarria. No serious hills, no tricky navigation, more accommodation and refreshment opportunities than anyone could possibly need and it is "official".
Thank you for your reply Yes I agree I am trying to get my wife to do it but she dont do hills.

There are a couple of quite steep, rocky stretches on the Tui to Santiago Camino but you could arrange for your wife's rucksack to be transported then those stretches will be more manageable.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just returned from walking the coastal from Porto 270kms. But by doing the walk from Vigo you can get your Compostela and it's a lovily walk . I don't do hills either very well but managed this . If I can do it so can your wife. It was my second camino and my husband's 5th.

I don´t remember any big uphills from Tui onwards... Easy walk and great food :)
Although I enjoyed the Portuguese side of this trail more (between Porto and Valenca).

From Lugo to Santiago, joining the CF at Melide. Very easy.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Having just completed the Frances from SJPDP, there are plenty of hills from Sarria. It is essentially all hills. Now, they may seem minor to those who did the Pyrenees, FoncebadĂłn and O Cebreiro. But for those starting in Sarria without that perspective, they may seem daunting.

We were at lunch the other day. A 20 something, tall, fit young man from London was sitting at the table next to us talking about how hard that last part was right before we got to the lunch site. The three of us in our late 50s and 60s honestly had no idea of what he exactly he was pointing to is being so difficult. Just saying.

Having just completed the Frances from SJPDP, there are plenty of hills from Sarria. It is essentially all hills. Now, they may seem minor to those who did the Pyrenees, FoncebadĂłn and O Cebreiro. But for those starting in Sarria without that perspective, they may seem daunting.

We were at lunch the other day. A 20 something, tall, fit young man from London was sitting at the table next to us talking about how hard that last part was right before we got to the lunch site. The three of us in our late 50s and 60s honestly had no idea of what he exactly he was pointing to is being so difficult. Just saying.
Yup, it's all relative!

I finished the Camino Portuguese inland route from Porto on 9 October. I recall that the steepest highest, rocky hill (405m) was between Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes. From Tui I found the small hills very easy. I am 69 and apart from a few long training walks in the previous few months, had not walked with a backpack since military training 50 years ago.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes I agree I am trying to get my wife to do it but she dont do hills.
Why don't you check the etapas of the Portugese on Gronze.com ;). I just looked them up, from Tui - as far as I could see - the highest height difference was about 250 meters.

When I left for the Frances this summer, I did the same - height differences were of course a bit different - and found comparables routes in my area which I walked to assure myself that I could do the Frances, because I was sort of afraid that I wouldn't be able to do some parts.

That was a good test as well as warm-up for me and I was fine on the Frances. Maybe you and your wife could do the same.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me of the easiest walk that will get the compastella and yes I have walked the Francis three times.
Last year I walked the Camino Portugues from Tuy to Santiago in 5 days. Normally it's a 6 day day Camino but we were under time pressure so we did Tuy to Redondela (33km) on the first day, which was a bit of a slog in 33 degrees C. Other than the 4 km climb into Redondela it was a pretty flat walk. It was very well signed and the albergues on the way were really good. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back