• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Easter 2015 on Via de la plata

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2012, others, hospitalero, resumed VdlP 2022
I am beginning to plan the Via de la plata in April/May 2015.

Having spent Holy week in Madrid some years ago I'd like to witness it en route - but Sevilla sounds very crowded - does anyone have
(a) suggestions for where else to spend Holy Week (or part thereof) on the Vdlp in 2015.
(b) other (religious) en route in April/May 2015?

Many thanks
Peter

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am beginning to plan the Via de la plata in April/May 2015.

Having spent Holy week in Madrid some years ago I'd like to witness it en route - but Sevilla sounds very crowded - does anyone have
(a) suggestions for where else to spend Holy Week (or part thereof) on the Vdlp in 2015.
(b) other (religious) en route in April/May 2015?

Many thanks
Peter
Hi Peter
I spent Thursday/Friday of Holy Week of 2011 in a hotel just near the Plaza Mayor in Salamanca. Salamanca is famous for the processions through its streets in Holy Week and as they went through the Plaza Mayor and by the front door of my hotel I had a close up view. Wonderful! Book as soon as you can though as the prices for Holy Week are much higher than at other times. BTW the name of my hotel was the Don Juan - not wonderful but the location was superb.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

I spent Holy Week in Sevilla and Cordoba one year (2006? 2009?) and it was absolutely fantastic!
In Sevilla, I got a private room in the youth hostel there.
But I'd be booking it now!
You can also try www.booking.com

Good luck!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked through Merida and Caceres during holy week in 2011. We managed to find accommodation although it was busy. We had a great time seeing the parades late in the evening. Some of the smaller hotels and pensions were closed as the locals take holidays then too. Local buses were running to a holiday timetable. It seemed that most of the towns have their own variation of semana santa celebrations and from the local paper there seemed to be some sort of pride amongst the towns for staging the best celebration. I have a tentative plan to return in April 2015 and walk the Mozarabe. My son is teaching English in Caceres from October to May, so look out for a blonde Australian.

We spent Semana Santa in Caceres this year - fabulous We booked our accommodation well in advance, but once we got there our hotel told us that tourist numbers were down and there were still good deals on room charges. The parades were held day and night and viewing them was easy. However, it does pay to study the routes as you may find, as we did, that your favourite restaurant cannot be accessed!

Most read last week in this forum

Something a little unusual on the Spanish news websites today. Two pilgrims forced to climb an oak tree to escape from a cow defending her calf. Apparently they called the Guardia Civil from their...
Hello, I am researching the Sanabrés and have discovered that since the AVE construction is complete, this section from Requejo to Padornelo has a new route available along the Requejo River. Our...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back