A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Easter 2019

Camino(s) past & future
France's, Primitivo, Le Puy
I will be starting SJPP on 16 Apr with a stop at Orrison. That’ll put me in Zubiri Holy Thursday, Pamplona Good Friday, Puenta La Reina on Easter Saturday and Estella on Easter Sunday. Knowing the Spanish reverence/adherence to religious holidays, will I have a problem with albergue closings and bars, cafés and Mercado’s being open
Mick Beede 10th Camino

Deana

Camino(s) past & future
Planning my first
Same I will arrive in Pamplona 17th and start walking the next day. Hope to meet you Mick 10 Camino a wealth of knowledge this is my first

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
April 2019: Frances, Salvador, Primitivo
I'll be a little further down the CF during Semana Santa. I start walking April 11 -- how far in advance should I book? I'm thinking I'll book for Thursday through Sunday???

bobotron801

Camino(s) past & future
Oct 2016, Oct-Nov 2017, April-May 2019, Oct-Dec 2019
I'm excited to be on the Camino for Semana Santa and Easter this year. I will start in SJPP on April 4th. I'm also glad I researched Semana Santa before seeing it without knowing what it was. I don't think they do that where I live.

J F Gregory

Portugal Central - October 2019
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (March-April,2016) finished, (October 2019) Portuguese Central Route.
Not closures for lodging but I’d book ahead over the holiday weekend. Markets and some cafes will close. It’s a huge walking time for Spanish, then it quiets down.
Especially on Easter Sunday.

J F Gregory

Portugal Central - October 2019
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (March-April,2016) finished, (October 2019) Portuguese Central Route.
My wife and I always shop on Saturday to carry food on Sundays. Most of the time we could not buy food on Sundays. There may be some Bars open.

Phil Smith

Camino(s) past & future
July/ Aug (2016): StJPdP to Viana
Apr (2017): Viana to Castrojeriz
Apr (2018): Castrojeriz to Leon
We were in Burgos for Easter Sunday in 2017. Leading up to and after we had no problems with accommodation; we didn't book ahead. Will be starting from Leon this year on 15 April, finishing on 25 April (wherever we end up!) As always, the Camino will provide.

Shmclelland

Camino(s) past & future
Leon to Santiago June 2019
We were in Burgos for Easter Sunday in 2017. Leading up to and after we had no problems with accommodation; we didn't book ahead. Will be starting from Leon this year on 15 April, finishing on 25 April (wherever we end up!) As always, the Camino will provide.
Hi I’m hoping to start from Leon this year in June. It will be my first Camino. Any tips?
Sharron

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 223 24.8%