Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Easter at Sobrado dos Moxes

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I think I might end up here at Easter...staying there the night before and waking up on Easter here.
Is there a chance that a monastery would close for Easter , I have images of monks heading to Santiago?
If so Miraz would fit more of my pace...

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

lettinggo

Hola

I don't have an answer to your question but you may try:

Oficina de turismo
http://www.sobrado.es/
phone:981787508 (From Cuaderno del Peregrino, 2010)

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

(Edit: Ivar fixed link)
(Thank you Ivar)

Last edited:

Trevhock

The monastery will definitely be open, I think it's open all year. I attended the Palm Sunday service there last year, and with a bit of luck I'll be doing it again this year. Sobrado is a very special place as is Miraz of course, which will be opening at Easter

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
As they are cistercians of strict observance (Trappists) it is highly unlikely that they walk off to Santiago for Easter ;-) Also their website http://www3.planalfa.es/sobrado/sobrado.htm shows no sign of planned vacations ;-) If you are still concerned, they do have a contact page, so you could simply ask them. Buen Camino! SY

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads