• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Easy to miss junction near Eskerika

cds22

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (April 2018)
Camino Primitivo (April 2018)
Just a heads up for those walking between Gernika and Larrabetzu. There's a fork near Eskerika that a number of pilgrims missed yesterday (myself included). It's just after a muddy uphill section of trail where you pop out onto a dirt/mud road. The left fork looks more used and heads uphill, the right fork goes downhill. The right hand fork is the one you want. There is a sign but it's fairly high and hidden behind some branches. I turned around fairly quickly but I know of one pilgrim who walked several tough kms before turning around. And another couple of pilgrims ended up in another town and had to take a taxi to Larrabetzu. Just keep your eyes open for it and you'll be fine!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't suppose anyone got a photo?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Don't suppose anyone got a photo?
That would be helpful. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me at the time. It wasn't until I heard several others talking about it at the albergue that I realized it was more of a problem than just my own day dreaming. Perhaps someone else coming through could take a picture. Note that otherwise the route is very well marked and easy to follow!

Just a heads up for those walking between Gernika and Larrabetzu. There's a fork near Eskerika that a number of pilgrims missed yesterday (myself included). It's just after a muddy uphill section of trail where you pop out onto a dirt/mud road. The left fork looks more used and heads uphill, the right fork goes downhill. The right hand fork is the one you want. There is a sign but it's fairly high and hidden behind some branches. I turned around fairly quickly but I know of one pilgrim who walked several tough kms before turning around. And another couple of pilgrims ended up in another town and had to take a taxi to Larrabetzu. Just keep your eyes open for it and you'll be fine!
Is this Camino Francis?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks for the heads up! I've made a note in my guidebook as I plan to walk this route starting in mid-September.

That would be helpful. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me at the time. It wasn't until I heard several others talking about it at the albergue that I realized it was more of a problem than just my own day dreaming. Perhaps someone else coming through could take a picture. Note that otherwise the route is very well marked and easy to follow!

No worries - on the odd occasion that I've done the same thing, it's only too late that I realise that I should have done this. Anyway, I'll be there mid-June. I'll try to remember this and grab a photo then and post it here.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for the heads up @cds22 !
We're walking that way in September. I'll try to remember to take a photo.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back