• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Eating Well in France

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP 2023
I mean, even if it's France, there's got to be something to avoid, right? So what are the don't-miss places? The tastiest local dishes? The best cheeses? What do you remember most fondly. It was Napoleon who said an army travels on its stomach, after all.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wow, do not miss the Saturday Market in Le Puy, it is amazing. Delicious chevre little cheeses were my favourite and a fantastic sourdough organic bread and in August fat ripe sweet and luscious peaches.
Figs by the side of the route all along and plums.
I found the meals at the gites fantastic, had some bad plat du jour dishes in the restaurants.
Here is my blog, I tend to refer to food quite a bit, only managed to loose 1 kg over 39 days of walking 750 km, you will see why, Gitti

Attachments

• Le Puy Route 2009 rev 6-1-10.doc
    82.5 KB · Views: 170
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back