• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Edades del Hombre, 2021

peregrina2000

Staff member
I know many forum members have walked into towns on the camino routes in Castilla y León and been surprised to see some very special expositions that form part of the annual “Edades del Hombre.” I’ve seen them in Astorga, Arévalo (Camino de Levante), and Segovia (Madrid).

This year’s theme is Lux. What is unusual is that this year is the first year, as far as I can tell, that spreads the exhibits out over three places — Burgos, Carrion, and Sahagún. I wonder if this is because of Covid.

Anyway, keep an eye out as you walk through those places, because the exhibits that I have seen are very nice — always religious art brought from around Spain. It is going on now and will go through December of this year.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I know many forum members have walked into towns on the camino routes in Castilla y León and been surprised to see some very special expositions that form part of the annual “Edades del Hombre.” I’ve seen them in Astorga, Arévalo (Camino de Levante), and Segovia (Madrid).

This year’s theme is Lux. What is unusual is that this year is the first year, as far as I can tell, that spreads the exhibits out over three places — Burgos, Carrion, and Sahagún. I wonder if this is because of Covid.

Anyway, keep an eye out as you walk through those places, because the exhibits that I have seen are very nice — always religious art brought from around Spain. It is going on now and will go through December of this year.

Thank you very much for reminding me of this! I expect to be in Sahagun on 14 September, and would really like to take advantage of it.

However, I've just looked at the website and find it confusing. Two exhibition venues in Sahagun? Simultaneously? If I pre buy a ticket to enter one do I get to enter the other? Or do I need two tickets to see the whole exhibit? ... Perhaps I should just wait till I'm there, and take my chances at the ticket booth(s). ... I can't imagine that the Sahagun venues will be so overwhelmed by eager religious art aficionados that I will be shut out.

The prices seem to indicate that you would get entrance to both Sahagún sites for 5 euros. Will you also be in Burgos and Carrión? You get a discount to visit all three places. ;) Let us know what you thought.

• Lux General (las cinco sedes de la exposición, no incluye la visita a la Catedral de Burgos): 12 euros
  • Lux Carrión de los Condes y Sahagún: 8 euros
  • Lux Carrión de los Condes: 5 euros
  • Lux Sahagún: 5 euros
  • Lux Burgos: 6 euros
  • Visita Catedral de Burgos: 7 euros
  • Lux Burgos y Catedral: 9 euros
  • Lux General completa y visita a la Catedral de Burgos: 16 euros

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Will you also be in Burgos and Carrión? Y
I'll pass through all three -- but the timing is such that Sahagun would be most convenient for this religious art lover.

I've been through Sahagun twice before, and loved it. Deserves way more time/attention than most peregrinos give it. ... Matins and Mass with the Santa Cruz sisters will be my highest priority! (BTW I chipped in a few bucks to help them with last year's plumbing problems!) ... But since I've already "seen the sights" this special exhibit should give my third visit to Sahagun something new and novel.

wait, does this explain the question I've had for years about the church of San Pedro in Astorga? was it part of this?

camino 2 209.JPGcamino 2 210.JPGcamino 2 211.JPGcamino 2 213.JPGcamino 2 218.JPG

it was amazing. the only thing I could find was it was the headquarters of the Confraternity of the Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem...and of course it was closed in the morning when i walked past

wait, does this explain the question I've had for years about the church of San Pedro in Astorga? was it part of this?

View attachment 107503View attachment 107504View attachment 107505View attachment 107506View attachment 107507

it was amazing. the only thing I could find was it was the headquarters of the Confraternity of the Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem...and of course it was closed in the morning when i walked past
For more re San Pedro especially check out citation #7 in this earlier post.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
For more re San Pedro especially check out citation #7 in this earlier post.
Thanks! I could read the maze as I took the picture, and found the name of the church and it’s association with the confraternity that day while drinking coffee at the edge of town, but couldn’t figure out the edades del hombre 2000 reference—the mosaic was about the Camino and I saw nothing that made me think of stages of man from either an anthropological or poetic point of view.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back