A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

'Edit' gone AWOL?

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I looked at a post of mine to edit it and found that the 'edit' button has disappeared.
A glitch? or an update?
It isn't just on my computer but on a Kindle Fire too.
Anyone else with the same problem?
Edit:- does it time out - I have just been able to edit this post but not the one from earlier today. Frustrating.

(Edit - issue resolved thank you @ivar] I have just edited my photos into the post from this morning which raised the problem)

Last edited:

Bradypus

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Same for me (on a Windows 10 laptop and Google Chrome at the moment). I can edit a post from this morning but not yesterday's.

Dorpie

RIP 2019
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia 2013
Camino Frances May 2015, July 2017, October 2019
Weird. I'm on Windows 10 and Firefox and can edit my post from 5 mins ago but not one in the same thread from yesterday.

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
As far as I know there is now a 60 min. deadline on deleting/editing and this came about because some members who had become disgruntled had started to delete posts thus making some of the threads completely unreadable/nonsensical and I think 60 mins is the max setting, after that you can contact a mod for edit or delete. @ivar can clarify this for you when he see's this post.

Rich1

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (5/15)
Frances & Muxia (2016-18)
Camino from Madrid (9/18)
Frances to Burgos (9/19)
TBC
Yes, I think you can only edit for a short time after posting

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I was playing with this setting this morning. It should now be back as it was before... sorry! :)
Thank you @ivar, much appreciated . Will add the photo etc to the post about reflective strips later

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
Personally I think that is short-sighted. I frequently need to edit earlier posts, even weeks later for spelling, grammar, factual errors, or just that something changed my mind about an issue or earlier statement.

I am neither omniscient nor a perfect grammarian. Have YOU tried to compose something while typing with one finger on a smartphone? Does autocorrect ALWAYS get what you meant correct? Neither does it work that way for me.

I always strive to provide accurate, useful and concise input, in all my forum posts. The edit capability helps me avoid misinformation and misunderstanding. I do try to read my posts before I hit the “post reply” button. But, I confess to being both human, and in my mid-60s...😉

Please return my edit capability. If it needs to be limited, perhaps do so for more junior forum members... Just a thought.

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
That would be me. Sometimes it's the brain fog of my MCS, and sometimes it's just the many fires in my Leo chart, and sometimes I wish I had a retract button. lol!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock