• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

'Edit' gone AWOL?

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I looked at a post of mine to edit it and found that the 'edit' button has disappeared.
A glitch? or an update?
It isn't just on my computer but on a Kindle Fire too.
Anyone else with the same problem?
Edit:- does it time out - I have just been able to edit this post but not the one from earlier today. Frustrating.

(Edit - issue resolved thank you @ivar] I have just edited my photos into the post from this morning which raised the problem)

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Same for me (on a Windows 10 laptop and Google Chrome at the moment). I can edit a post from this morning but not yesterday's.

Weird. I'm on Windows 10 and Firefox and can edit my post from 5 mins ago but not one in the same thread from yesterday.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As far as I know there is now a 60 min. deadline on deleting/editing and this came about because some members who had become disgruntled had started to delete posts thus making some of the threads completely unreadable/nonsensical and I think 60 mins is the max setting, after that you can contact a mod for edit or delete. @ivar can clarify this for you when he see's this post.

Yes, I think you can only edit for a short time after posting

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was playing with this setting this morning. It should now be back as it was before... sorry! :)
Thank you @ivar, much appreciated . Will add the photo etc to the post about reflective strips later

Personally I think that is short-sighted. I frequently need to edit earlier posts, even weeks later for spelling, grammar, factual errors, or just that something changed my mind about an issue or earlier statement.

I am neither omniscient nor a perfect grammarian. Have YOU tried to compose something while typing with one finger on a smartphone? Does autocorrect ALWAYS get what you meant correct? Neither does it work that way for me.

I always strive to provide accurate, useful and concise input, in all my forum posts. The edit capability helps me avoid misinformation and misunderstanding. I do try to read my posts before I hit the “post reply” button. But, I confess to being both human, and in my mid-60s...😉

Please return my edit capability. If it needs to be limited, perhaps do so for more junior forum members... Just a thought.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was playing with this setting this morning. It should now be back as it was before... sorry! :)
Hello Ivar,
I cannot find the “edit” setting for my pilgrim books post. I appreciate your help. Also a question: Is there a way I can delete the post and create a new one for Camino Sunrise?

Hello Ivar,
I cannot find the “edit” setting for my pilgrim books post. I appreciate your help. Also a question: Is there a way I can delete the post and create a new one for Camino Sunrise?
There is a time limit on when you can edit a post. Just a few days I think.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I cannot find the “edit” setting for my pilgrim books post.

There is a time limit on when you can edit a post. Just a few days I think
Last I heard, members can edit or delete their own posts for 1 week. They cannot delete a thread, even if they started it. Both limits are intended to prevent major disruption or discontinuity in threads.

One week should be enough time for members to correct typos, clarify points that are raised, or "sleep on" what they have posted.

If you want something edited or deleted after 1 week, you can "report" your own post and ask the moderators to make the correction or deletion. By reporting the post, we will know exactly which post you are talking about.

When you reply to a post the origional post is include as a quote, so even when a post is deleted the quoted bits remain. Often post are deleted by their author or a moderator which means a thread can be disrupted or nonsensical, but then some threads just never make much sence so it's not the end of the world... Speaking of which is is nearly the end of 2020 and we are all mostly still here so let's all work to make sure 2021 is better and kinder for us all. Cheers.

Last I heard, members can edit or delete their own posts for 1 week. They cannot delete a thread, even if they started it. Both limits are intended to prevent major disruption or discontinuity in threads.

One week should be enough time for members to correct typos, clarify points that are raised, or "sleep on" what they have posted.

If you want something edited or deleted after 1 week, you can "report" your own post and ask the moderators to make the correction or deletion. By reporting the post, we will know exactly which post you are talking about.
Thank you for your reply.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think I remember from the original discussion of this change that if you are editing an old post with new information, they would prefer the new information at the bottom of the thread, or in a new post, where people will find it, rather than hidden at the top of the thread where people may not go back and look.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've been editing a lot all day and it has always worked. Sometimes a few times on the same post within minutes. I post early because I don't want a finger slip on my smartphone to delete things.

I post to get the main idea across and then edit for spelling, punctuation, grammar and readability. Hopefully fast enough no one sees how dumb I am.

Last edited:
I've been editing a lot all day and it has always worked. Sometimes a few times on the same post within minutes. I post early because I don't want a finger slip on my smartphone to delete things.

I post to get the main idea across and then edit for spelling, punctuation, grammar and readability. Hopefully fast enough no one sees how dumb I am.
Sounds good.

Last edited:
Personally I think that is short-sighted. I frequently need to edit earlier posts, even weeks later for spelling, grammar, factual errors, or just that something changed my mind about an issue or earlier statement.

I am neither omniscient nor a perfect grammarian. Have YOU tried to compose something while typing with one finger on a smartphone? Does autocorrect ALWAYS get what you meant correct? Neither does it work that way for me.

I always strive to provide accurate, useful and concise input, in all my forum posts. The edit capability helps me avoid misinformation and misunderstanding. I do try to read my posts before I hit the “post reply” button. But, I confess to being both human, and in my mid-60s...😉

Please return my edit capability. If it needs to be limited, perhaps do so for more junior forum members... Just a thought.
I am glad that the timelimit is extended: As a non-native English person, I many times need to rephrase/correct spelling.

Edit: Ex.: I have had to edit this post 5 times now... Finally, my spelling is corrrettt.

And doing user support can sometimes be difficult, as this medieval video from a monastery in Norway shows:

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back