• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Efrén Gonzáles' youtube/Camino vlogs.

• Thread starter Former member 59618
  • Start date
F

Former member 59618

Hi all,

Just want to do a quick shout out to Efren Gonzales' youtube channel. Other threads on this forum have mentioned his stellar documentation of his 2017 Camino Frances pilgrimage, capturing magnificent shots with his drone. I personally think it's the best self-documented series out there and binge his videos on the regular. :) He managed to perfectly capture the spirit of the camino, keeping his videos consistent while letting his personality shine through.

He is now walking the Via Francigena and through his youtube channel he is providing daily 1 minute "shots" while on the road. It's a joy to be on the camino in spirit with him again! It's a three month journey and I think he plans to put out longer videos once he is home and able to edit.

Take a gander and enjoy~
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_foCJwTjDnfoMUXxcw6V8g

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all,

Just want to do a quick shout out to Efren Gonzales' youtube channel. Other threads on this forum have mentioned his stellar documentation of his 2017 Camino Frances pilgrimage, capturing magnificent shots with his drone. I personally think it's the best self-documented series out there and binge his videos on the regular. :) He managed to perfectly capture the spirit of the camino, keeping his videos consistent while letting his personality shine through.

He is now walking the Via Francigena and through his youtube channel he is providing daily 1 minute "shots" while on the road. It's a joy to be on the camino in spirit with him again! It's a three month journey and I think he plans to put out longer videos once he is home and able to edit.

Take a gander and enjoy~
Fully agree. Efren's documentation is a work of art. A marvellously informative and colourful account of his time on the CF and of the sequel at Finisterre.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful vlog. I've enjoyed watching several episodes and re-living my own journey through his video diary.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all,

Take a gander and enjoy~
Thanks. I will definitely watch it. I agree with you about his Camino doc. It was great!

@John Hawke i can't absolutely reassure you John, but I preceded Efrén by a few weeks and was blogging and found two things made it more and more difficult for the stretch he is on - finally (after over 1000km) meeting other pilgrims in the evenings, and really quite a major lack of wifi in pilgrim accommodation. I found it impossible to keep up with blogging over that stretch.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@John Hawke i can't absolutely reassure you John, but I preceded Efrén by a few weeks and was blogging and found two things made it more and more difficult for the stretch he is on - finally (after over 1000km) meeting other pilgrims in the evenings, and really quite a major lack of wifi in pilgrim accommodation. I found it impossible to keep up with blogging over that stretch.
That’s very reassuring.
Thank you & Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm a follower and contributor to Efren and I've grown concerned as he has not posted in a week. Prior to now it was rare for him to miss even one day. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate hearing.
Buen Camino Efren!

Hey check on the comments on his last video. He is doing fine, just hasn't had time to edit as he's walking with some newly made pilgrim friends. I was a little worried too, but I think all is well.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
He posted from Rome on Facebook. Good for him. We’re a couple weeks behind him and can’t wait to see his videos when we get back home

He posted from Rome on Facebook. Good for him. We’re a couple weeks behind him and can’t wait to see his videos when we get back home

Ah, good for him! I was thinking he must be very close to Rome by now. I am readying my popcorn, gearing up for his new videos.

Efren has reached Rome. These days he is posting his one-minute blogs of the stages he did in the last weeks. We are all waiting for the longer vlogs of the whole Via Francigena, which probably will take him more time to edit.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’m confused. ????
Did efren do the francigena bike route or the hike(walking route). The walking route would be hard to do with all of the equipment - cart etc.
Gretel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Quick bump for Efren's pilgrimage videos. Super camera work / editing. Drone footage is spectacular.
I always come back to his work. He puts so much time and effort into drone footage, mapping out stages, etc, yet he keeps it authentic and full of character (ie some days on The Way just don't go as planned).

A valuable resource for all pilgrims.

Hi all,

Take a gander and enjoy~
Thank you so much for that YouTube. I am doing the VF beginning this September. I have so much to learn!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back