Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Efrén González headed back to Spain for 2021

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I saw Efren's new video tonight as I am a subscriber. It will be interesting to watch his unique camino/hiking trek he is piecing together, much of it in the Picos.
I wonder if he will ever pick up where he left off on the AT?🤔 I had my doubts that he would finish in one go.

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
I saw Efren's new video tonight as I am a subscriber. It will be interesting to watch his unique camino/hiking trek he is piecing together, much of it in the Picos.
I wonder if he will ever pick up where he left off on the AT?🤔 I had my doubts that he would finish in one go.
While I never thought Efren would be unable to complete the AT, the sameness of the surroundings, the low temperatures, and the lack of views, led me to the conclusion that a thru hike of the AT was definitely not for me. Indeed I recalled how often I had heard people say the AT was a continual walk thru forests and without the great vistas that the PCT offers .
Efren has focused my attention on his plan to walk the Camino Lebaniego, a shortish walk into the glory of the Picos, this quite accessible, yet wilder, remoter, wonderfully scenic part of Spain.
Regards
Gerard

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
While I never thought Efren would be unable to complete the AT, the sameness of the surroundings, the low temperatures, and the lack of views, led me to the conclusion that a thru hike of the AT was definitely not for me. Indeed I recalled how often I had heard people say the AT was a continual walk thru forests and without
Gerard, this is all so true. My son walked half of the AT (1000 miles) and it is exactly what he said, too. He loved the John Muir Trail and Colorado Trails far better.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

RJM

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
A few times
He does make good videos.
Any Americans wondering about walking the Camino now should watch his latest videos. They should answer a lot of questions they may have. He flew out of the airport in Miami to Madrid and then to Santander connecting flight which was a bit tight due to getting through passport control and security.

truenorthpilgrim

Past OR future Camino
Camino Norte post-pandemic
I for one, am excited he's back on the Camino. Wasn't a huge fan of the not-so-scenic trails of the AT.

Efren's done a really fantastic job parlaying his editing skills, knack for gathering information (google map stages, etc) and infectious personality into a great resources for pilgrims.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads