• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Efren, vlog, camera equipment

Morning Waters

Celtic Lass
Time of past OR future Camino
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Efren is currently doing the Camino Portugues and has posted his first several youtube vlogs.

Equipment vlog, which is quite detailed regarding the photo and drone equipment he is using

Day 1 leaving from Porto

He has recently completed the Francigena using a wheeled cart for his pilgrimage.

His website and other social media is:
https://www.efrengonzalez.com/vf-fr-d... https://www.instagram.com/summitxtreme https://www.facebook.com/EfrenGlez
He's great at producing very informative and entertaining short videos about his many Caminos and other ventures. The film quality is excellent. He also has Spanish versions to some of his vlogs, which are useful for those wanting to improve their Spanish listening skills.

I also enjoyed the vlog from Alaskan pilgrim on youtube. She recounts her Camino Frances done fall 2018. She has an episode of equipment she took and a follow up episode when she got home discussing equipment she used and didnt use during her walk.

Great vlog indeed. Subscribed. Can you suggest more vlogs like his?

Efren's is one of the best but a few more to look for in no particular (well actually alphabetical) order are;

Chica and Sunsets- Husband and wife team.
Hank Leukart- Just one video but I thought very good. Incidentally his Neverending NZ story is great too.
I'll Get There- is one currently in progress, we'll see how it goes.
Lex Ellis- Like Efren has lots of lovely drone footage.
Samantha Plavins- A really nice personal account.
World Towning- A family of four walking the Camino Frances.

But just search Camino Frances vlog on Youtube, there are loads.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great vlog indeed. Subscribed. Can you suggest more vlogs like his?
There are so many on YouTube, here are some of the ones I enjoyed the most:

I WOULD WALK... - Alexandra Driss. This features numerous interviews with other pilgrims that Alex encountered on her journey. It's from start to finish, so is quite a long video, but well worth the watch IMO.

CAMINO DE SANTIAGO DOCUMENTARY FILM The Way - Overlander.tv
A very honest and open hearted man describes his whole journey, his feelings, doubts and discoveries along the Way. It's a very realistic representation of what it can mean to some people

EL CAMINO DE SANTIAGO III, lo que se vive ahí, pura emoción....Isasaweis
This one is in Spanish and really touches on some of the emotions that one can experience along the journey. However, it's not a video journal, rather a personal monologue about one person's experience.

CAMINO DE SANTIAGO: A PILGRIM'S JOURNEY - Yogi Productions
Almost 2 hours of video, but really goes into a lot of depth about the pilgrim experience for a number of pilgrims featured in this video.

These four vlogs are ones that I found particularly moving, especially after watching the second time after having completed my first Camino in 2018

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.