• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Egino Route 10 Years Celebration

FamPed

Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
Egino Route Karlskrona-Lund Sweden

Eginoleden Karlskrona till Lund.jpg

Did you know that there are pilgimage routes in Sweden?

For a couple of weeks I am walking the Egino route between Karlskrona in Blekinge and Lund in Skåne, Sweden.
This is a protestantic pilgrimage route (everyone is welcome), that connects to other routes in the country like a web as in Spain. It also connects to the Camino way of St.James via Lund, Trelleborg - Rostock (Germany). You can also connect it at the other end via my home town Karlskrona - Gdynia (Poland) to Gdansk and there connect to Pomeranian Way of St. James, wich I hope to walk this summer if it all works out.

The celebrations started last Thursday 16 May in Karlskrona with a lovely cermony, and then the pilgrims were sent of. I had the opportunity to join in on Saturday evening the 18 May by welcoming the pilgrims to Listerby Church, it is me carrying the cross. We all walked in listening to the churchbells ringing.

Eginoleden 10 års Jubileum 18 Maj 2019 Listerby Kyrka 1.jpg

The pilgrims is staying at the Församlingshem (a house next to the church where the parish has activities like church coffe, education before confirmation etc.). They sleep on sleeping pads or maybe a sofa if they are lucky, and a few nights they stay at hostels. I have been so lucky to go home in the evenings and back in the mornings to join in again, because we hadn´t come all to far away yet. And mostley because I can´t sleep on the floor/pad, because of physically reasons. But from now on I will book accomodation nearby my fellow pilgrims, when there is a chance of sleeping at the same place I will be staying with the others. I have never walked together with others before, I have always walked alone, we walk in silence, and when we stop we talk. I have the best of times, it is a very considerate group of lovely people, they call themselfs the Brothers of arms because of the strong camaraderie. Well I guess I am one of them, but I call myself Hangaround. 😎 😁

We carry pilgrimspasses that can be orderd from pilgrim@lundsdomkyrka.se.

The 19 May we walked in 17-20° C, from Listerby Church to Hjortsberga Church 19 May 2019 Klocktorn Hjortsberga kyrka Johannishus.JPEG 19 Maý 2019 Sten med Pilgrimsmusslor Hjortsberga Kyrka Johanisshus.JPEG in Johannishus 4,3 km roadwalking, then 4 km to Edestad Church passing through a forrest were it had been a fire, listening to the birds shirping and the gravel crunch, when we didn´t walk in the silent woods. Everything is blooming and there is a smell of perfume in the air. We walked on to Äggaboden in Gärestad, a family owned farm that sells organic vegetables, fresh eggs, exclusive localy produced fish and meat, they also has an café/restaurant and icecream. Then to a privat home in the outskirt of Ronneby where we met Agneta and her lovely husband that I so shamefully forgotten the name of. They had invited us to their enclosed garden for a rest and I must say it was so special and appreciated. We finished of by walking in to the center of Ronneby to Heliga Kors Kyrka 19 Maý 2019 Heliga Kors Kyrka Ronneby.JPEG , in all it was a 24,4 km day.

20 May Ronneby to Bräkne-Hoby ca 20 km.
21 May Bräkne-Hoby to Åryd to Hällaryd were I stoped 25,3 km and the rest walked on to Karlshamn 30 km. I was in a lot of pain the hole day and had to go to the hospital for a check up in the evening. I have got a very bad inflamation going on in my muscles on the inside of my left knee, just were three muscles connects (I don´t know the name in English, in Swedish it is called Ankfot.) And it seems that I have a simular problem on the outside of my right knee., so not in the knee itself. I got a recepie for Ipren and were told to not do any weightlifting with my legs when going to the gym for a while, and that cykling was ok and the best of all I am allowed to continue my pilgrimage! The doctor said it is going to hurt really, really badly, but just cry when walking down hill! So that is what I will do!

Yesterday 22 May we walked in sunshine and 25° C from Karlshamn Church to Asarum Church and on to Mörrum Church, a short day of 17 km on asphalt for those of us that didn´t walk an extra (cirkular) tour of 8 km to Elleholm Churh. It was such a lovely day.

22 May 2019 Mörrumsån.JPEG 22 May 2019 Mörrums Kyrka.JPEG 22 May 2019 Pilgrimer Mörrums Kyrka.JPEG 22 May 2019 Altartavla Mörrums Kyrka.JPEG

Today 23 May and tomorrow 24 May is all up and down a small mountain called Ryssberget, so I skip this part and rest my legs. But I must say that it is hard to do nothing, when your hart and soul wants to walk, and I miss The Brother of arms. But on Saturday the 25 May I will rejoin the Group in Sölvesborg and walk on. We reach Lund and the big celebration there on Sunday the 2 June.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Today I arrived in one of my favourite cities in Italy, Palermo, ready to start a solo walk across Sicily on the Magna Via Francigena tomorrow! It’s a ~185km trail from Palermo to Agrigento that I...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.