Search 62305 Camino Questions

El Asesino

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
asesino.jpg

So the name may not sound too inviting (it was used as a place to slaughter the chickens earlier, that explains the name) but Restaurante Asesino is a great place to eat.

asesino1.jpg

It is not a fancy place, but more a home-away-from-home type restaurant. I have had lunch there twice and both times I had a great experience.

asesino2.jpg

I took some photos (with my mobile, so quality is so so..) that you can see below. I get the feeling of walking in to my grandmother’s house to eat. Food is good, and the last time I was there I heard the waitress speak English, explaining the menu to someone.

Typical Galician food is served.

You will find restaurante Asesino where Rua do Altamra meet Plaza do Pesc Vella. This is not too far from the market, just by the entrance to the History department of the University of Santiago (look for the sign (se photo) over the door).

Santiago map here:
http://www.santiago-today.com/images/santiago_map.jpg

Enjoy!

Ivar

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Cafe Restaurante Puñal 981 57 03 41 https://maps.app.goo.gl/YyELKxukkFCKRaNJA?g_st=ic
The parador will once again offer a free lunch to the first ten pilgrims who arrive at the pilgrim’s office. The practice had been suspended due to covid. I know that in the past some have said...
If I lose my compostela, can I get it reissued?

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides