• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Asesino

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
asesino.jpg

So the name may not sound too inviting (it was used as a place to slaughter the chickens earlier, that explains the name) but Restaurante Asesino is a great place to eat.

asesino1.jpg

It is not a fancy place, but more a home-away-from-home type restaurant. I have had lunch there twice and both times I had a great experience.

asesino2.jpg

I took some photos (with my mobile, so quality is so so..) that you can see below. I get the feeling of walking in to my grandmother’s house to eat. Food is good, and the last time I was there I heard the waitress speak English, explaining the menu to someone.

Typical Galician food is served.

You will find restaurante Asesino where Rua do Altamra meet Plaza do Pesc Vella. This is not too far from the market, just by the entrance to the History department of the University of Santiago (look for the sign (se photo) over the door).

Santiago map here:
http://www.santiago-today.com/images/santiago_map.jpg

Enjoy!

Ivar

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.