A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Ad

Luggage Storage in Santiago

- Ship your things to Santiago, pick them up when you arrive.

Advertisement

El Burgo Ranero and Bed Bugs

Galaxy1

Camino(s) past & future
September to October 2017
Dear Forum, does anyone have an update on the quality of hostels in El Burgo Ranero? Any hostel reviews I've read talk of bed bugs. I'm due there this afternoon, and would value your opinion on the best place to stay. Muchos gracias!

Advertisment

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
They are all about the same. The municipal is most basic. Laguna is owned by Piedras Blancas, the hostale. Jacobea El Nogal as you go in is also OK. Bedbugs comes and go, so I have not idea.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
There are also tourist rooms at the truck stop/gas station complex visible to the extreme left as you enter the village on the CF.
See more here--
https://www.gronze.com/castilla-y-leon/leon/burgo-ranero/hotel-castillo-burgo

Do remember that tomorrow, October 12, is a Spanish holiday,
Día de la Hispanidad, and food shops will generally be closed so buy today and be prepared!

Good luck and Buen camino!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (September 2017), Vdlp (April 2018)
No issues with bed bugs when I stayed at the municipal a few weeks ago.

Minnesota Jim

Minnesota Jim
Camino(s) past & future
May to June 2014
Dear Forum, does anyone have an update on the quality of hostels in El Burgo Ranero? Any hostel reviews I've read talk of bed bugs. I'm due there this afternoon, and would value your opinion on the best place to stay. Muchos gracias!
I was fortunate to spend time as a hospitalero in El Burgo Ranero a few years ago. The municipal albergue Domenico Laffe is a well run. clean place. Bedbugs can happen anywhere, but this particular albergue was well maintained. If by chance you do have an encounter bedbugs (chinches) anywhere along the Camino please make sure you tell the hospitaleros. They will help deal with them. Buen Camino.

Advertisment

FLEUR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
I was fortunate to spend time as a hospitalero in El Burgo Ranero a few years ago. The municipal albergue Domenico Laffe is a well run. clean place. Bedbugs can happen anywhere, but this particular albergue was well maintained. If by chance you do have an encounter bedbugs (chinches) anywhere along the Camino please make sure you tell the hospitaleros. They will help deal with them. Buen Camino.
Camino friends of mine Gail and Phil are currently volunteering at the Domenico Laffe , judging by their account of their domestic chores I think you would find it's very clean and bug free. Their welcome I am certain will be second to none.

Galaxy1

Camino(s) past & future
September to October 2017
Thanks, everyone. I'm delighted to say that I stayed in a bug/bite free La Laguna hostel lat night.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
G Bed Bugs 10
L Bed Bugs 127

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 156 26.0%