• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El Burgo Ranero November 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barobins

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés fall/winter 2019
Attention all Camino friends! If you know any women still traveling between Sahagun and Lyon PLEASE PLEASE warn them to NOT STAY at the donativo alburgue "Domenico Laffi" in the town of El Burgo Ranero!!!! I did not stay there but have just spoken to TWO women on two different nights who had the Italian man running the place be HIGHLY inappropriate with them!!! Unsolicited touching, attempted kissing, and entering their bedroom while they were sleeping. Please share ! This is a difficult stretch of the camino with towns far apart and little resources. Do NOT get yourself in the situation to have to stay in this town as that is the ONLY alburgue open. Even if a taxi must be taken to the next town of Mansilla de Las Mulas, do that!
He will be there the next two weeks!
This was written by a Camino friend for me

A selection of Camino Jewellery
His name is (removed) and speaks mainly Italian

(The name of the individual has been removed as he is not on this forum and has no opportunity to reply.
The description of the complaint remains as posted by the OP.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with an issue with a hospitalero should report it, ideally to the police or to the municipality which owns that albergue. Even the local bar staff may be helpful.

If you are talking to these women again, encourage them to report it, even to the police in the town they are in now.

We need the albergues to be safe, so the next group of pilgrims can use them, not shun them.

There are a couple of hostals across the road from that albergue, in the meantime.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
First and foremost I am not downplaying any incident where harassment and inappropriate behaviour occurs anywhere to anyone anywhere, but is there any way to verify these accusations and claims? This thread is based solely on hearsay. Out of fairness these things need to be verified before posting.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
First and foremost I am not downplaying any incident where harassment and inappropriate behaviour occurs anywhere to anyone anywhere, but is there any way to verify these accusations and claims? This thread is based solely on hearsay. Out of fairness these things need to be verified before posting.

Yes, it could be verified by ignoring it and waiting for more and more vile events to happen to more females, as of course to some people, keeping things quiet until there is mountains of hard evidence that finally can't be denied, is far more important than early warning, a la Jimmy Saville, a la grooming gangs, a la Epstein etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where the concept of presumption of innocence went?
When we lost one of the pillars of democracy and freedom?
Who will be the next one we will hang without trial?
If the incident had been reported to the police, lets them do their job. Lets the judges apply the laws. If he is found guilty he will pay for their fault. But if not, who will clean his name again?
This is not the place to apply justice by our hand.
This man is innocent until the judge says otherwise. This is the law in my country, and in any other civilized country.
I don´t care of current trents. Any person, male or female have the right to explain and defend themselves and all of us must be the same for the laws.
Good and safe camino to you, all honest people.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If I remember correctly...this is a municipal run albergue and it uses volunteer hospitalaros. I am not sure what organization provides them.
It is important that they are made aware of the complaint.

Asociación de Amigos del Camino de León

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back